Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

Seen: The Stranglers x 10+, The Damned x 10+, Skids, Adam & the Ants, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Devo, New Order, The Chameleons, John Cooper Clark, Theatre of hate, Spear of destiny x10+ Southern Death Cult, Death Cult, The Cult, Frank Sidebottom, The Cramps, The Gun Club, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Fall x10+, The Smiths, James, Nirvana, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Inspiral carpets, World of twist, Death in Vegas, 808 state, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Beastie Boys, Gill Scott Heron, Massive Attack, Elbow and loads, loads more...

Missed and should have seen: The Jam, The specials, The Clash - just like the original poster.

Wishbone ash at lisdoonvarna. A 16 yr old cut loose ub40 and jackson browne(there is a song) also on the bill.
thin lizzy and u2 at slane.
u2 in the baggot inn
bowie stones at maine road
trip to tipp lost week happy mondays and the pixies were on. cheers jimmy, cash if you read this
dubliners at the embankment
moving hearts at greenacres
u2 simple minds big country phoenix park
dire straits punchestown
recently
glasvegas ruby lounge
courteeners acad 3 then 2
franz ferdinand superb
the enemy vv good surprisingly kid british terrific in support
cribs and mr marr at the ritz.

the jam is my big regret.

to everyone who posted on this thread I've enjoyed reading every post and shows city fans are massive music fans with great knowledge and love for brilliant music whether it be 40 years old or last week I would like to add to my original post that I saw echo & the bunnymen in 84 on the ocean rain tour and last year on the 25th anniversary tour both were great first time cos it was my youth I was 16 2nd time cos I was with great friends who got a massive injection of much needed nostalgia. So when I go to the specials in may I realise it's not like you guys who were there in 79-81 but for me the gig will be magical cos I treasure that first album. People love to talk about music cos it defines them, their life beliefs culture and history god bless you all for sharing that with everyone still hate heavy metal though apologies to acdc, guns and roses, metallica, soundgarden, jaynes addiction posters one and all will always choose the clash, specials, jam, bunnymen, stone roses, smiths, bob Marley, marvin Gaye, goriilaz and doves better than that really noisy stuff but glad you got to share your gigs with everyone if they mean as much to you as mine do to me then we are all the same really. Ps toots & the maytalls and the roots last year were fucking brilliant!

Bombo said:
simonk said:
Bombo said:
wished I'd seen
The clash, the specials (putting that right in may), the jam and bob Marley

Did see
The smiths, the stone roses

This thread Is cos my uncle saw the above bands and I was jealous of him as I was too young at the time but lads younger than me are jealous that I saw the smiths and the roses
In their pomp who are the bands you'd wished you'd seen and didn't and who are the ledgendary ones you did?

youre me in disguise!
not so bothered about the clash, but the rest is absolutley same as.
very glad that the specials are back to tick that box.

Spot on mate 41 in two weeks

Smiths 3 times, roses twice
Im guessing you age 40?

spooky - my dob is 18/04/68
cant be far off yours
having read a bit more of this to remind me - saw the chameleons, sisters of mercy, new order 15 times, men they couldnt hang a dozen times or so, james. mondays, inspirals, killing joke, cure
my most recent great gig was the twang

Swales lives said:
Seen: The Stranglers x 10+, The Damned x 10+, Skids, Adam & the Ants, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Devo, New Order, The Chameleons, John Cooper Clark, Theatre of hate, Spear of destiny x10+ Southern Death Cult, Death Cult, The Cult, Frank Sidebottom, The Cramps, The Gun Club, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Fall x10+, The Smiths, James, Nirvana, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Inspiral carpets, World of twist, Death in Vegas, 808 state, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Beastie Boys, Gill Scott Heron, Massive Attack, Elbow and loads, loads more...

Missed and should have seen: The Jam, The specials, The Clash - just like the original poster.

yest to all those highlighted. You must be say 42?

cool thread

Seen (most notable)

Guns n Roses/Faster pussycat 1987 play to a half empty hall just after appetite for destruction came out -fantastic show
Motley crue back in dunno 83-84 on shout at the devil tour then again in 85 for theatre of pain show
Nivarna play to less than 150 at the bierkeller before nevermind broke big
Kiss 1980 full make-up unmasked tour
Janes addiction's 1st ever UK show backing up fields of Neph at the Brixton academy 1988

wish i'd seen

70's Kiss
70's Van Halen
Alex Harvey
Prince, purple rain, saw him at the 02 but would have loved to seen him back then
Jam

simonk said:
Swales lives said:

yest to all those highlighted. You must be say 42?

Spot on, you're psychadelic!!

was anyone daft enough to include simply ***..i have a confession i seen quo dozen times and my sons middle name is francis..his mother put her foot down when i suggested francis michael colin..4 birds with 1 stone..

exileindevon said:
was anyone daft enough to include simply ***..i have a confession i seen quo dozen times and my sons middle name is francis..his mother put her foot down when i suggested francis michael colin..4 birds with 1 stone..

Saw Quo years back at Belle Vue(did I go with you Dave?) then again a couple of years back in Glasgow....still a great live band!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.