Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

no sharon , saw them at g-mex . i was doing back stage/pit security as a favour for a mate who was a manager for showsec . can't remember the year ( early 90's ? ) . the concert was something to do with sellafield . public enemy , big audio dynamite and U2 were also on the bill . it was abit of a surreal night . leathered aloads of pink champagne , got into a long conversation with graeme souness who was recovering from major heart surgery . was dancing at the side of the stage to U2 with flavor flav dancing next to me . loads of other mad shit happened , ending in driving over to leeds and ending up at a blues in chapeltown . i think i got back home around 10 am ?
just wish i was old enough to see kraftwerk when they first started out . one of the first pioneers of electronic music .

Stuart said:
just wish i was old enough to see kraftwerk when they first started out . one of the first pioneers of electronic music .

Hubby just said "YEP!! Indeed they were!"

Think hubby is about your own age Stuart.

We now have a Kraftwerk DVD on. ;-)

HAVING LIVED AT ARDWICK GREEN IN THE 70'S ,WHEN WE WERE KIDS WE USE TO HANG AROUND THE BACK DOOR AT THE APOLLO, SEEN MANY GROUP SOUND CHECK SHAM 69 ,THE CLASH ,THE JAM STAND OUT . BOY MOTOR HEAD WERE LOUD THO !

I really wish I had been around to see Joy Divison, theres something about Ian Curtis that captivates me!

Lucky to see Ian Dury, Clash, early buzzcocks and many of the notable artists from 70's revolution.

Sadly, wish I had seen AC/DC with Bon Scott, early Van Halen line up, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Screaming Trees.

Stuart said:
wish i had seen talking heads , the specials , the doors , tenor saw , augustus pablo , herbie hancock , george clinton , eric b & rakim , james brown , grandmaster flash , sugarhill gang .

did see kraftwerk , run dmc , 808 state .

Great wish list that mate

A boring old fart like me really wished I'd seen Alice Cooper when he was in his pomp in the early 70's. And Free. Lerve their songs to this day.

I did see Led Zepplin, the greatest band, ever (listen to it if you don't agree), David Bowie, Deep Purple, Black Sabbeth, Yes, Jefferson Starship, erm, Genesis, lots of others too, but the one gig that does stick in my head is when I lived down south and we drove to Worthing, went into a little club and watched a band called REM. They were OK, but everyone was taking the piss out of them.

Oh, how we laughed..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.