Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

andy h said:
Lucky to see Ian Dury, Clash, early buzzcocks and many of the notable artists from 70's revolution.

Sadly, wish I had seen AC/DC with Bon Scott, early Van Halen line up, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Screaming Trees.

Saw the Sensational Alex Harvey band at what is now South Trafford College in '74 I think, and it was a memorable night. A great performer.

SAHB brilliant band saw them a couple of times but wish I had seen Barclay James Harvest a very underrated Manchester band, ok Oldham. What was the name of that rock venue on the way to Belle View that was open in the 70's. Saw some good bands there.

nice thread!

wish id seen

led zep
pink floyd
ratm
afghan whigs
stone temple pilots

seen

pearl jam
the pixies
rhcp
twilight singers
the who
qotsa

blauw said:
SAHB brilliant band saw them a couple of times but wish I had seen Barclay James Harvest a very underrated Manchester band, ok Oldham. What was the name of that rock venue on the way to Belle View that was open in the 70's. Saw some good bands there.

The Barclays are playing in M/CR in May I think !!

That venue was Stoneground I think.

Wish Id seen, The Beatles, Gentle Giant, Love, Hendrix, Cream

Have seen, Floyd (3 times) Yes, Dylan, Clapton, Deep Purple, Steve Stills, Neil Young

seen:
the jam
u2
clash
the boss
specials

wish i`d seen:
stone roses
bob marley
beatles
joy division
pistols
nirvana

Cheers nimrod, Stoneground was it. 30 years + since I left Manc and the UK and it is slowly all coming back. Saw Vinegar Joe there with Elkie Brook on vocals. Liverpool Scene, Blodwyn Pig and Led Zep at the Free Trade Hall on one bill. T Rex there too and the bass player had on City's second strip shirt the black and red striped one. So did I and was for a few moments so cool according to the girl I was with. Must check out the BJH gig but they have split into two bands now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.