Bang goes the holiday

flyer

Just seen Thomas Cook flight 1674 to Heraklion on flightradar24. It got all the way south to the middle of France and then turned back, came past Manchester, did 5 or 6 180 degree turns over Blackburn and is now about to land back in Manchester.

Three hours flying to get back where you started from. Mind you, after TC's performance this week with City, perhaps the pilot left his wallet in the office and has just nipped back for it

No, planes go over our house in Oldham on their way into Manchester but obviously using the same few routes. This one came from a completely different angle which made me look to see what was going on. They got up to 35000ft but when they turned back they quickly dropped to 20000 feet which might suggest there was a pressurisation problem. They're down safely now so hopefully everyone's ok.

As for the poor buggers waiting in Heraklion airport now to come home!! I was there a couple of weeks ago and it's not the greatest airport in the world

No, planes go over our house in Oldham on their way into Manchester but obviously using the same few routes. This one came from a completely different angle which made me look to see what was going on. They got up to 35000ft but when they turned back they quickly dropped to 20000 feet which might suggest there was a pressurisation problem. They're down safely now so hopefully everyone's ok.

As for the poor buggers waiting in Heraklion airport now to come home!! I was there a couple of weeks ago and it's not the greatest airport in the world

You’re fun.

Horrible fucking airport as bad as I have been at,although to be fair it hasn’t really been updated to cater for the thousands that fly into Crete ...

Hi Flyer (see what I did there? Lol)
I've just moved to Oldham and see many more planes flying over the area than I would have anticipated.
Is it because they are from specific countries? Can't ever remember flying over Oldham on the way back from Spain or Greece

Hi makenzie. I think the way it works is that if you head towards Manchester from the south east of England which would include parts of Spain and certainly Greece then you fly up to Stockport and then turn left into Manchester. If you fly up from the south west of England coming home from Tenerife and maybe Portugal, then you fly past Manchester and then turn right flying over Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham in a big loop before getting to Stockport and turning right into Manchester.

All flights from the US, Canada etc do the loop thingy as well as a rule. Most flights from northern Europe do the loop as well.

You'll get to see plenty of planes around here.

Hi makenzie. I think the way it works is that if you head towards Manchester from the south east of England which would include parts of Spain and certainly Greece then you fly up to Stockport and then turn left into Manchester. If you fly up from the south west of England coming home from Tenerife and maybe Portugal, then you fly past Manchester and then turn right flying over Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham in a big loop before getting to Stockport and turning right into Manchester.

All flights from the US, Canada etc do the loop thingy as well as a rule. Most flights from northern Europe do the loop as well.

You'll get to see plenty of planes around here.
Cheers for that. It's welcome info because I've been wondering about the planes I see overhead ever since I moved here at the end of April.
Thanks again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.