Bank charges

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Usual overdrawn fee is around $40 here (£16). To be charged that much is absolutely abhorrent.

I used the old "I'll change banks" thing before. The first time they refunded the amount.
The second time they didn't, and guess what? Moved to a credit union. Best financial move ever made.

I guess in Oz there's a bit more competition between the banks, isn't there? I couldn't believe it when I arrived, being made to pay a few dollars a month to pay for having a bog-standard account.

That said, the Commonwealth Bank did treat me very well when I was over there.

BingoBango said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Usual overdrawn fee is around $40 here (£16). To be charged that much is absolutely abhorrent.

I used the old "I'll change banks" thing before. The first time they refunded the amount.
The second time they didn't, and guess what? Moved to a credit union. Best financial move ever made.

I guess in Oz there's a bit more competition between the banks, isn't there? I couldn't believe it when I arrived, being made to pay a few dollars a month to pay for having a bog-standard account.

Only around $2 though, $6 if it's a Visa Debit.
ATM fees though are a woman.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
BingoBango said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:

Only around $2 though, $6 if it's a Visa Debit.
ATM fees though are a woman.

True, I think it was just the principle of having to pay that annoyed me though.

You're spot on, the fees for using an anyone else's ATMs - ouch!

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:

When i was living in Aus i joined the Police credit union or what ever it was called, i was recommended in to it by my partners brother who was a firefighter,
I found the service they provided excellent and 100% better than any bank in the UK has ever given me, shame the banks over here don't take a leaf out of the books of the Unions you have there, oh and i also got to speak to a person rather than a machine when making even the simplest of enquiries about my accounts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.