Bank Rate down 1.5%!

denislawsbackheel

Team supported
We went to Rotherham…
B of E just cut rates to 1.5%. I bet those who fixed a while back aren't laughing now!

Not really, if people were on tracker rate mortgages their rate will go down by the full 1.5% hth np

Perhaps Brooklandsdickhead doesn't understand that. He is an executive you know.

No sour grapes here even though I took out a 7-year fixed rate 4 years ago so on the face of it, it isn't great news. However, anyone expecting the banks to pass on the full 1.5% cut are kidding themselves. And as for the tracker rates, don't expect those to drop by the full 1.5% either because over the past few days some banks have wised up and increased the tracker gap (expect that gap to increase again with immediate effect because I doubt anyone was expecting such a large cut) whereas others have pulled their tracker mortgages from the market completely meaning new customers can't get a tracker mortgage with some banks. Despite all that, those with tracker and variable mortgages will of of course feel some benefit even with all the piss-taking that the banks are engaged in, but I'm more than happy to know exactly what I'm paying for the next 3 years and once that period is up I will be seeking to fix my mortgage again. It isn't the credit crunch that has fucked me up financially over the past 18 months - it's me and the ex splitting up and me having to buy her out, along with having to cope with one wage coming in rather than 2. The credit crunch has been a minor pain compared to that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.