banned from the ground for smoking can..... update update!!

DiscoSteve said:
desperatedon said:
I was in block 201 due to having moved from the South Stand. I went to the toilets at half time and the spiral was packed with smokers. As a non smoker it didn't bother me at all and didn't seem to bother the stewards.

On the way there I heard a bloke say to his mate, "we'll go outside you can smoke there".

This seems like a good compromise, why do level two folk need to go into the toilets if they can do this and do level one folk have access to the spirals?

seems to work ok behind 201 - no-one seems to smoke that I've seen in the gents as far as I can recall - I have no problem with smoking on the spirals

though a few weeks back people were warned by a friendly steward "off the record" that there was going to be a purge at half time - never saw nothing though...

It should work, it's not doing anyone any harm apart from the smokers. No-one needs to inhale any smoke unless they want to stand amongst the smokers. The club should turn a blind eye to this around the stadium. It would avoid alot of bad feeling.

desperatedon said:
I was in block 201 due to having moved from the South Stand. I went to the toilets at half time and the spiral was packed with smokers. As a non smoker it didn't bother me at all and didn't seem to bother the stewards.

On the way there I heard a bloke say to his mate, "we'll go outside you can smoke there".

This seems like a good compromise, why do level two folk need to go into the toilets if they can do this and do level one folk have access to the spirals?

i must defend the smokers here, we are in 212 and the smokers in our area use the spiral, haven't seen a smoker in the bogs for ages.

common sense all round.

Prestwich_Blue said:
robbie brewer said:
People should worry that the club don't try and ban arseholes cos if they did a lot of people on here would be f*cked.
You prominent among them.

It would appear all the mods have had a sense of humour transplant.

de niro said:
desperatedon said:

i must defend the smokers here, we are in 212 and the smokers in our area use the spiral, haven't seen a smoker in the bogs for ages.

common sense all round.

The rules say that once you're through the turnstile you are not alowed to smoke
As much as I agree that it is a compromise, smoking on the spirals is still breaking the rules and if there is a purge, tough shit

We've had the discussion before and it always comes down to the same thing, can smokers not go a little over two hours without a fag?
What do they do when they fly away on holiday?
Do they set their alarm to wake them up every hour or so during the night so they can light up?

robbie brewer said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
robbie brewer said:
People should worry that the club don't try and ban arseholes cos if they did a lot of people on here would be f*cked.
You prominent among them.

It would appear all the mods have had a sense of humour transplant.
thats not fair.

they never had one in first place, haha

The Pink Panther said:
de niro said:
desperatedon said:

common sense all round.

The rules say that once you're through the turnstile you are not alowed to smoke
As much as I agree that it is a compromise, smoking on the spirals is still breaking the rules and if there is a purge, tough shit

We've had the discussion before and it always comes down to the same thing, can smokers not go a little over two hours without a fag?
Do they set their alarm to wake them up every hour or so during the night so they can light up?

If going on holiday I will ensure that the airport I am flying from has a smoking area airside, then when the flight is called will go for a final smoke, and as I dont find flying anywhere near as stressful as watching City, that can often do me to i reach my destination (normally a two or two thirty flight max) and will then try and get out of the airport asap to stock up on the nicoteen, I also make sure that I do not have a beer before flying as after a beer or two I tend to smoke more, as it is not against the law to smoke on the spirals, I just feel that common sense would mean that the council and the club could and should agree to allow smoking on the spirals during half-time.

The Pink Panther said:
de niro said:
desperatedon said:

common sense all round.

I am a non smoker and whilst I agree with your sentiments, these smokers are not bothering anyone.

It's not a "thin end of the wedge" issue as it may be with the standers (even though this seems to get the blind eye treatment in certain parts of the stadium). You are right that it is technically against the law but as the spirals are in effect outside; albeit on the campus, then in this case the law maybe an ass.

Why can't the club get dispensation as pubs seem to do with covered outside areas?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.