Banned in Europe

mancitymick

I am aware this has popped up before. If you have played in the Champions league are you banned from The Uefa Cup, I thought you were however. I read on SSN yesterday that Real have gone for Diarra as he can play champions league football, Has he not play UEFA for Portsmouth? If it is true it opens up more avenues on who we can buy

I read yesterday that if you have only played uefa cup, then you can play Champions League..

But.....if you have played champions league, you cannot play uefa cup....the wording is different in the rules.

So, no it doesnt help us.

Sorry

havelocke said:
I read yesterday that if you have only played uefa cup, then you can play Champions League..

But.....if you have played champions league, you cannot play uefa cup....the wording is different in the rules.

Sorry

What a bizzare set of rules. The again it is UEFA

mancitymick said:
havelocke said:

Sorry

yep, favours the chumps league...as per usual.
you would of thought that the rules would be the same, but no.

havelocke said:
mancitymick said:
havelocke said:

Sorry

Thats common sense!!!!!!!!!

mancitymick said:
havelocke said:
mancitymick said:
havelocke said:

Sorry

Thats common sense!!!!!!!!!

It is set this way to allow teams who drop from the Champs league into the UEFA Cup, not sure if this is the case if you transfer from one club to another, maybe a loophole that wasnt spotted.

Here's the relevant bit from the regulations for the UEFA cup. It looks like we can register ONE new player who has played in the CL provided that he's not signed from one of the 8 teams that drop through into the next round of the UEFA cup - players who have already played in the UEFA Cup are ineligible. So for example if we signed Eto'o or Cambiasso one of them could be that additional player but Kaka or Villa couldn't be, nor could any player signed from say Bordeaux or Marseille. That's how I read it anyway!

17.17 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a
maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the
current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February
2009 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.
17.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club
competition matches for another competing club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered provided that the player has not been fielded:
− in the same competition for another club,
− for another club that is currently in the same competition.
Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former
club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current
season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.