Barca and Catalan Independence

"Cardenal has also said that Barca would cease to be a major force in European football if Catalonia breaks away from Spain."

And Spain would cease to be a major force in European football if La Liga booted out Barcelona. Absolutely no chance of it happening.

I should think that some of the 'Spanish' teams - Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico M and B, would be glad to see the back of Barca! The volume I read about the Spanish Civil War highlighted a lot of nasty stuff, on both sides, that seems to be forever simmering below the surface. I think that turfing Barca out of La Liga would be one of the first things the Spanish would do!

errmmmm do you think whether Barca/Spain remains a football force has ANY relevance or standing in Catalans' desire to live in their own state?

errmmmm do you think whether Barca/Spain remains a football force has ANY relevance or standing in Catalans' desire to live in their own state?

Was a question on how it would affect Barca,forgot Espanyol TBH....nothing to do with the Catalans desire to live in their own state,if that's what they want,I wish them luck.

Never going to happen I'm afraid. They can vote for independence until they're blue in the face, but until the government rules that these votes are part of its constitution, and therefore legal, it's all just tub thumping. Catalonia also generates 19% of Spains GDP, no way Madrid will ever give that up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.