Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
manchester blue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
borninm14 said:
The problem is lots who have 7000 to 9000 points now cant go.
See this is the thing. I don't think there is "that" many doing this. Yes, there will be quite a few, but for the proportion of people going the amount that don't have enough loyalty points will be minimal.

There are loads doing it. It's not on. I have 8500 and flights booked. I'll still go and take my chances. I know someone who doesn't even have a season ticket and has not been to a game all season who will be going. We'll end up like United, having to book their travel options and provide passports to get tickets and then people will be moaning but genuine fans will be happier.

Got to happen. Points + Ticket s+ Passport. Thomas Cooke will be the first to want this as they realise they can't fill the planes for this match. And before anybody lectures me about going to Norwich I did Bury, Bolton, Grimsby, Plymouth etc in my away day mode many years ago and was only credited with 1500 points when we moved. Now got nearly 8000 and starting away days again due to having the time and finance. It should only be genuine point holders attending and not mates, relatives or dodgy bits via supporters clubs.

EastRidinghighblue said:
How many of these people with 7 to 9k are going to Norwich on Saturday???

Not many I would imagine as it still wasnt sold out last night.

I suggest you build up your points total by going to games like Norwich and West Ham in the cup when they come up and you would quickly build up the points.....

Ive given my ticket to a kid who sits in front of me every week who is desperate to go as I cant because I start a new job the week before.

Good luck to him and I hope he has a great few nights....

Sorry if that sounds harsh but still reeling from last night....

Rant over!!!

Be interesting to know what percentage of the supporters at the Norwich game will be at Barca

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
EastRidinghighblue said:
How many of these people with 7 to 9k are going to Norwich on Saturday???

Not many I would imagine as it still wasnt sold out last night.

I suggest you build up your points total by going to games like Norwich and West Ham in the cup when they come up and you would quickly build up the points.....

Ive given my ticket to a kid who sits in front of me every week who is desperate to go as I cant because I start a new job the week before.

Good luck to him and I hope he has a great few nights....

Sorry if that sounds harsh but still reeling from last night....

Rant over!!!

Be interesting to know what percentage of the supporters at the Norwich game will be at Barca
Be interesting to know how many people on here who complaining about the system will be at Norwich away
We have rarely sold out our allocation away from home this season

did the supporters clubs find out what allocation they received? I thought i read someone's post saying that the supporters clubs allocations were to be decided after we sell out which I thought was a strange statement.

Now the sceptic in me is asking if City drew a line in the sand at 9000 points (unusual coincidence that they sell out bang on the stated criteria) and if they are now deciding on the supporters clubs allocations.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
manchester blue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
See this is the thing. I don't think there is "that" many doing this. Yes, there will be quite a few, but for the proportion of people going the amount that don't have enough loyalty points will be minimal.

There are loads doing it. It's not on. I have 8500 and flights booked. I'll still go and take my chances. I know someone who doesn't even have a season ticket and has not been to a game all season who will be going. We'll end up like United, having to book their travel options and provide passports to get tickets and then people will be moaning but genuine fans will be happier.

Got to happen. Points + Ticket s+ Passport. Thomas Cooke will be the first to want this as they realise they can't fill the planes for this match. And before anybody lectures me about going to Norwich I did Bury, Bolton, Grimsby, Plymouth etc in my away day mode many years ago and was only credited with 1500 points when we moved. Now got nearly 8000 and starting away days again due to having the time and finance. It should only be genuine point holders attending and not mates, relatives or dodgy bits via supporters clubs.

TC - you have to meet the points criteria then money has been deducted. Yes they now have have flights only. To me means "flight only" means seats not sold for those under 9k points applications. Well thats honest Micks approach

droylsdenblue said:
borninm14 said:
Gingers Dad said:
I've got just over 9k points and bought my ticket for a friend who's got around 6k. We're both loyal blues and I didn't charge any extra for it, so don't see what the problem is.

This

me and my lad are missing out now, (8500 points) , gutted!

+1

We have 8780 and 8820. Why the club allows people to buy tickets for mates with less points is very strange. As I remember it, it used to be if you wanted to travel as a group then you had to wait until the points went down to the level of the lowest member.

I've been a season ticket holder for 20+ years and been to a lot of away games in that time, circumstances mean I don't get to anywhere near as many these days but for the johnny come lately's to now start getting tickets using point there mates have got is bullshit.

fatbloke said:
droylsdenblue said:
borninm14 said:

This

me and my lad are missing out now, (8500 points) , gutted!

+1

We have 8780 and 8820. Why the club allows people to buy tickets for mates with less points is very strange. As I remember it, it used to be if you wanted to travel as a group then you had to wait until the points went down to the level of the lowest member.

I've been a season ticket holder for 20+ years and been to a lot of away games in that time, circumstances mean I don't get to anywhere near as many these days but for the johnny come lately's to now start getting tickets using point there mates have got is bullshit.

I agree, it isn't particularly fair on those who haven't been able to to get tickets. Me and my dad are going to this, both have 9700 points.

In the future though, if say my dad can't go, what's to stop me using my dad's ticket and taking a mate with me who doesn't even have a season ticket? Nothing. Especially if I book my own flights and hotels, and use the club to buy match tickets only.
As has been said already, the only way to stop that is to only allow people to buy hotels/flights/match tickets through the club. That way you can make sure the name on the Seasoncard that qualifies matches the name of the traveller.

Whether that happens though I'm not sure. I spoke to a Thomas Cook rep in Madrid last year and asked if the name on the ticket has to match the name of the traveller. She said no, not as far as TC are concerned. She said the Club had requested them to make sure they matched, but TC didn't want to enforce it because they feared loosing business...

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
did the supporters clubs find out what allocation they received? I thought i read someone's post saying that the supporters clubs allocations were to be decided after we sell out which I thought was a strange statement.

Now the sceptic in me is asking if City drew a line in the sand at 9000 points (unusual coincidence that they sell out bang on the stated criteria) and if they are now deciding on the supporters clubs allocations.

Totally agree. I thought exactly the same thing. At the end of the day nobody can argue with the club as they'll turn round and say that they estimated it would go down to 9000 and it sold out at 9000.

I believe that there were still enough tickets to go down to at least 8750 but the club decided to take stock of what was left over and add them to the corporate and supporters club allocations. I may be wrong but this is my opinion as when I got my ticket on Saturday morning there were 4 blocks available.

I was lucky to get one but my dad is on 8750 missed out and we'll now have to pay over the odds from a tout with no guarantee that he'll get in. I know lads going who have got tickets through mates who don't even have half the points we have but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.