Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonster said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Bluebee2 said:
I know teenagers with over 10,000 points , both my lads have well over 8,000 but they don't go to as many always because of their own football commitments, it's life. There is nothing wrong with the points system.

Exactly, I'm 14 and have just over 10,000. I don't see any problem with the current system.

You're correct, there is no problem with the current system.

How do people catch up? Go to the games

Even this season (best football in my 44 yr lifetime) many games have made open sale.

Certainly, Moscow, Bayern, Newcastle x 2, Sunderland, Fulham, Villa, West Brom, West Ham x 2, Southampton, Leicester and currently Norwich all made open sale.

So let's not have this same nonsense every time a big game comes round that people don't have a chance to get points and catch up, there are loads of opportunities, you just need to go to the games not just the glamour ties.

Bang on the money.

de niro said:
Tonster said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Exactly, I'm 14 and have just over 10,000. I don't see any problem with the current system.

Even this season (best football in my 44 yr lifetime) many games have made open sale.

Certainly, Moscow, Bayern, Newcastle x 2, Sunderland, Fulham, Villa, West Brom, West Ham x 2, Southampton, Leicester and currently Norwich all made open sale.

So let's not have this same nonsense every time a big game comes round that people don't have a chance to get points and catch up, there are loads of opportunities, you just need to go to the games not just the glamour ties.

Bang on the money.

I think this is pretty much spot on. Bayern, Moscow, Newcastle etc was not selling out to those on 11, 10, 9K loyalty points so why should they have first dibs on the Barca tickets now?

Throw them on open sale to all season ticket holders.

Loyalty points IMO should be awarded to the people that actually go,there should be a system in place where someone with say 10,000 points who doesn't want to go cant give it to his mate who has say 0 points.its very hard that alot will miss out on big games with 8 or 9 thousand points because there has become an obsession with people buying points and whoring there card here there and everywhere.i don't know and can't think of a solution to this but in this day and age something should be in place to prevent this.im sure city are aware of this but aren't botherd as long as people are buying tickets and filling the ground

franksinatra said:
de niro said:
Tonster said:

Bang on the money.

I think this is pretty much spot on. Bayern, Moscow, Newcastle etc was not selling out to those on 11, 10, 9K loyalty points so why should they have first dibs on the Barca tickets now?

the problem isn't the points system, the points system is fair. The problem is certain people in OSC's using the same S/T's to buy tickets regardless of whether the owner of said S/T is actually attending the game, it's been going on for donkeys years. A OSC member applies for a ticket and the person who orders the tickets orders it on his mates S/T even though his mate isn't going. Because of this pretty much every OSC has got senior members on loads of points who haven't attended many away games, they obviously turn out for the big games like this but don't bother with the others. I know this because it's happened to me and my mates at two different OSC's, there was 6/7/8 going regularly to most away games but only one of us (the one who knew the main man) ever got the points. I'm on 8k points and I should be on a lot more, I reckon I missed practically a full season of points going back to when Clueless Stu was in charge.
I know most will say it's my own fault, and it probably is, for not keeping track but tickets weren't actually in short supply back then, we rarely sold out.

Stroke the Goat said:
It's torture waiting to see if it drops below 9000!!! We've registered with Thomas Cook (4 of us) 3 all qualify for a ticket already as have 9500 plus but 1 has 8800!!! Squeaky bum time!!! Won't be booking with th again. You'd think they would be able to tell you if there's a chance you'll get one or not and give you a chance to book independently!!!!

We have had a confirmation email from TC and one of our group only has 8840, so they must know its going to come down below 9000

bluwes said:
Stroke the Goat said:
It's torture waiting to see if it drops below 9000!!! We've registered with Thomas Cook (4 of us) 3 all qualify for a ticket already as have 9500 plus but 1 has 8800!!! Squeaky bum time!!! Won't be booking with th again. You'd think they would be able to tell you if there's a chance you'll get one or not and give you a chance to book independently!!!!

We have had a confirmation email from TC and one of our group only has 8840, so they must know its going to come down below 9000

Hope it does now you have posted that otherwise there is going to be uproar on here.

You mention about them being able to tell you if there's a chance you'll get one but to be fair how are City or TC going to know exactly what the take up will be. TC warn people not to book together if you are on different points bands so it's your risk. We didn't risk it this time but as we both have tickets we have since booked trip only places with TC.

bluwes said:
Stroke the Goat said:

That would say it's going to 8750 then!

charliebigspuds said:
franksinatra said:
de niro said:
Bang on the money.

the problem isn't the points system, the points system is fair. The problem is certain people in OSC's using the same S/T's to buy tickets regardless of whether the owner of said S/T is actually attending the game, it's been going on for donkeys years. A OSC member applies for a ticket and the person who orders the tickets orders it on his mates S/T even though his mate isn't going. Because of this pretty much every OSC has got senior members on loads of points who haven't attended many away games, they obviously turn out for the big games like this but don't bother with the others. I know this because it's happened to me and my mates at two different OSC's, there was 6/7/8 going regularly to most away games but only one of us (the one who knew the main man) ever got the points. I'm on 8k points and I should be on a lot more, I reckon I missed practically a full season of points going back to when Clueless Stu was in charge.
I know most will say it's my own fault, and it probably is, for not keeping track but tickets weren't actually in short supply back then, we rarely sold out.
As you say the points system is fair and this is backed up by the amount of tickets that are still available for the Barca away match,even though we are now down to 9000 points.
It is blatantly obvious that if everyone has to get their own tickets,when they meet the criteria,the most loyal fans WILL get the tickets.
Im sorry but supporters clubs must be stopped from getting an allocation.
They are not needed now,everyone has access to the phone,internet or the ticket office.

robsta said:
bluwes said:
Stroke the Goat said:

Hope it does now you have posted that otherwise there is going to be uproar on here.

You mention about them being able to tell you if there's a chance you'll get one but to be fair how are City or TC going to know exactly what the take up will be. TC warn people not to book together if you are on different points bands so it's your risk. We didn't risk it this time but as we both have tickets we have since booked trip only places with TC.

Thomas Cook apparently have an allocation of tickets. As the official travel partner this is expected and why they're able to charge more. My point is they must know how many planes they're taking and when they will be full. If they said for example we have 800 tickets and you're 1000 in terms of points status I'd have bought my ticket direct and made other arrangements but you get no information of updates from them. Just hope we don't get an email from them saying sorry lads sold out one didn't qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.