Barcelona thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are various references to laundering, perhaps Balague is the most reliable, but much is speculation.
There's an interesting link in the trollfootball.me menu NSFW

He's been released, Barcelona as a club are not under investigation, they are considered 'the affected party'.

No surprise there then.

If he disguised a payment to hide it from the shareholders and that's in breach of Spanish law, yes. Not an expert on their legal code by any means though.
This has echoes of the case against City. City were accused - wrongly as we proved - of disguising investment as sponsorship, which was against FFP, but in fact the charges went way beyond that and amounted to falsifying our accounts, which would/could have involved criminal activity and led to prison sentences. The intriguing part would be the extent to which those guilty were found to be acting in the club's name so that the club were responsible. If money laundering were involved that would be really serious.

He's been released, Barcelona as a club are not under investigation, they are considered 'the affected party'.

No surprise there then.

How can the club not face charges? He was the president. Does there have to be a certain amount of people involved for the club to face punishment?

I’m trying to imagine it was us, I’m sure the hounds in our press would be happy with Khaldoon taking the fall and the club being the poor, innocent ‘affected’ party.

How can the club not face charges? He was the president. Does there have to be a certain amount of people involved for the club to face punishment?

I’m trying to imagine it was us, I’m sure the hounds in our press would be happy with Khaldoon taking the fall and the club being the poor, innocent ‘affected’ party.
The club members (the shareholders) are the victims, charging the club would impound damages. As well ask why a burglary victim doesn't face the same sentence as their burglar.

I’m obviously missing something obvious here. Why do clubs suffer points deductions, relegations etc for financial irregularity?
Usually they're privately owned. In this case the directors have pulled the wool over the club members eyes as well as everyone else's and the greatest crime is against them (on charges so far).

FFS Sevilla, you had one job. Pique scores in added time to force extra time in the Copa del Rey semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.