Barcelona Thread - 2021/22

I honestly don’t think they would improve our team
Think de jong is a good passer but we have a load of them
That Garcia at the back looks a player!!
Ansu Fati is still unproven and I feel he's the worser version of Sterling.

Could be an interesting tussle with the rags if we did sign him
The duel of the "fatties"
Ansu Fati v Fatty Shaw.
;-)
The five min duel and the accompanying Williams piece were the only good things outside of the original three films.

So it emerges that Laporta wanted Messi to play at Barca for free. I wonder if he and his fellow boardroom fat cats are leading by example and also working full time without pay, or does such a moral imperative only apply to footballers?

Lionel Messi: Barcelona president hoped 'he would play for free' before joining PSG
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58845043

So it emerges that Laporta wanted Messi to play at Barca for free. I wonder if he and his fellow boardroom fat cats are leading by example and also working full time without pay, or does such a moral imperative only apply to footballers?

Lionel Messi: Barcelona president hoped 'he would play for free' before joining PSG
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58845043
I think Laporta is just trying to shift the blame to Messi for leaving. Laporta's promise , as he was campaigning for president , was to keep Messi and he failed that promise right away. Of course that doesn't look well for him so he has to make the fans think it wasn't his fault but rather Messi's.

Apparently Bayern has contacted the agents of several Barca players, and Klopp wants Demebele at Pool.

Wonder how many more players they'll lose given the current financial situation.

The five min duel and the accompanying Williams piece were the only good things outside of the original three films.

Harsh, very harsh. Battle scene on Geonosis? Opening 20 mins of Episode 3? Sidious putting on the cloak? Storywise they are far better films as well, more meat to them. I agree badly acted but so much good about them. In particular I love the costume designs as well as the production design.

Harsh, very harsh. Battle scene on Geonosis? Opening 20 mins of Episode 3? Sidious putting on the cloak? Storywise they are far better films as well, more meat to them. I agree badly acted but so much good about them. In particular I love the costume designs as well as the production design.
My thought about the prequels is that Lucas was caught in two minds. He could have repeated the originals, which were children's fables done with feature film level production. He could have gone the opposite direction, to tell a story with sophistication and complexity of Joseph Campbell and Dune. Since the prequels were going to end with the coming of Vader, there was no possibility of the naviete of the originals. We are still blessed with the imaginative and expansive production design of the prequels. Doug Chiang had a wonderful vision, fostered by Lucas. The immature acting of the two young actors, Portman and Christensen, didn't help.

However, the highly derivative sequels, made by a person who has done innumerable number of derivate works, clearly illustrate that the prequels are actually the best they could be under the circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.