Barcelona V Real Madrid - Take 5 of the season

Somud said:
You just prove my point. People here slag off Barcelona and want them to lose, yet Real Madrids players are certainly no better, the difference though is that while Mourinho will constantly and without break whine and moan about the ref and conspiracies, always trying to portray himself and his teams in the victim role, while you never hear that from Barcelona.

Only a bitter loser will constantly try to bring up decisions that they perceive goes against them, while completely ignoring all the decisions that they should consider themselves lucky about. Its part of a mentality that Mourinho bring to his teams, the feel that he has a god-given right to always win and if he doesnt, it has to be a conspiracy.

Guardiola slams referee

Guardiola claims referee lied

Guardiola remarks on Portuguese referees conspiracy

He also blamed a recent defeat on the grass been too long.

Seriously, you're coming to a gun fight with a small plastic spoon

Somud said:
Castiel said:
Just to address people questioning Mourinho's tactics, he has already explained what he was doing after the game in Madrid. It was clear that Barca couldn't get through Real's defence until that red card, the plan was to hold out for 70 minutes; then bring on the attacking talent and hit on the break when Barcelona got desperate. As you saw in the Nou Camp RM should have won 1-2 thus sending them through. This is how he beat them with Inter Milan, this is how he beat them with Chelsea (despite being cheated out of it) and this is how he should have beaten them with Real Madrid.

For the record I'm not a Mourinho fan boy, I appreciate everything he's done for my club but I wouldn't want him back.

Mourinhos tactics of no posession and kicking the shit out of the opposition is praised by you as very clever, however, the risks of cards associated with such tactics is well known to Mourinho, thus he will constantly pressure the ref about cards. Why would Barcelona get desperate away in the Champions League? It is Madrid who had to open up late in the game to try to get some sort of result. Mourinhos tactics of pressuring the refs do work though, Ade and Marcelo were lucky they werent sent off as well in the first leg, and Madrid were again lucky they could finish with 11 men at Camp Nou.

With Inter Milan, you know that Diego Militos goal was offside and that Barcelona were denied a blatant penalty. And lets not forget Bojan's 2-0 goal either at the Camp Nou. Of course, you dont like to bring these inconvenient situations up, because they dont serve your agenda, parroting Mourinhos bitter rants.
Eh? Show me where I praised his tactics, or where I even support him. I even clearly said I'm not a fan of his, I was just pointing out what he was doing, which followed the pattern he's used to defeat Barcelona over 2 legs before. That doesn't necessarily mean I favour those tactics.

Hiddink defeated them with Chelsea in 2009 with a very different strategy which wasn't negative at all, and we were cheated out of it. Manchester United successfully defeated them with a different and much more attractive strategy earlier and Arsenal almost defeated them at their own game until Robin van Persie was sent off for the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard. My point was, Mourinho just applied his personal formula for beating them, as he has done many times before with varied success; which failed because of the red card.

I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine last night whilst watching the game. He was shocked that I wanted Madrid to go through. The only way I could explain was to say that this Barca team, as good as they are, have been rammed down my throat for two years now in the same way that Radiohead have for the last decade. Eventually you get sick of hearing just how good and how clever someone/something is. Eventually you want to underdog to win just to mix things up. Eventually you want the humblers to get humbled just to remind them that they're human.

Regarding Mou's negative tactics. I don't get the uproar. If as we keep being told, this Barca team is the bestest ever in the whole wide world ever full stop end of story - then why should any manager set up to try and out play them. To me it makes perfect sense to stick 11 behind the ball, play a nasty physical game, and try and win it that way. I mean, we are talking about the 'greatest club side ever' according to many. you don't stand a chance of beating them at their own game...

BillyShears said:
Regarding Mou's negative tactics. I don't get the uproar. If as we keep being told, this Barca team is the bestest ever in the whole wide world ever full stop end of story - then why should any manager set up to try and out play them. To me it makes perfect sense to stick 11 behind the ball, play a nasty physical game, and try and win it that way. I mean, we are talking about the 'greatest club side ever' according to many. you don't stand a chance of beating them at their own game...

Goddammit, you should post in here more.

Damocles said:
Somud said:
You just prove my point. People here slag off Barcelona and want them to lose, yet Real Madrids players are certainly no better, the difference though is that while Mourinho will constantly and without break whine and moan about the ref and conspiracies, always trying to portray himself and his teams in the victim role, while you never hear that from Barcelona.

Only a bitter loser will constantly try to bring up decisions that they perceive goes against them, while completely ignoring all the decisions that they should consider themselves lucky about. Its part of a mentality that Mourinho bring to his teams, the feel that he has a god-given right to always win and if he doesnt, it has to be a conspiracy.

Guardiola slams referee

Guardiola claims referee lied

Guardiola remarks on Portuguese referees conspiracy

He also blamed a recent defeat on the grass been too long.

Seriously, you're coming to a gun fight with a small plastic spoon

How many times does this happen compared to the constant whining from Mourinho that thrive on winding people up through the press?

Mourinho has without break gone to the media to create circus and drama, hoping that oppositition managers, and especially Guardiola will catch the bait.

The fact of the matter is that Mourinho is well aware of the risks of getting cards when playing with no posession and kicking the shit out of the opposition. His teams are well known to try to win in any way possible, including the dirty and nasty side. Its part of his mentality. Some people adore him for it and some even consider him almost like a god who can never do wrong, while others become a little too tired of the drama, hypocrisy and bitching that he brings to his teams.

-- Wed May 04, 2011 12:42 pm --

Castiel said:
Somud said:
Mourinhos tactics of no posession and kicking the shit out of the opposition is praised by you as very clever, however, the risks of cards associated with such tactics is well known to Mourinho, thus he will constantly pressure the ref about cards. Why would Barcelona get desperate away in the Champions League? It is Madrid who had to open up late in the game to try to get some sort of result. Mourinhos tactics of pressuring the refs do work though, Ade and Marcelo were lucky they werent sent off as well in the first leg, and Madrid were again lucky they could finish with 11 men at Camp Nou.

With Inter Milan, you know that Diego Militos goal was offside and that Barcelona were denied a blatant penalty. And lets not forget Bojan's 2-0 goal either at the Camp Nou. Of course, you dont like to bring these inconvenient situations up, because they dont serve your agenda, parroting Mourinhos bitter rants.
Eh? Show me where I praised his tactics, or where I even support him. I even clearly said I'm not a fan of his, I was just pointing out what he was doing, which followed the pattern he's used to defeat Barcelona over 2 legs before. That doesn't necessarily mean I favour those tactics.

Hiddink defeated them with Chelsea in 2009 with a very different strategy which wasn't negative at all, and we were cheated out of it. Manchester United successfully defeated them with a different and much more attractive strategy earlier and Arsenal almost defeated them at their own game until Robin van Persie was sent off for the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard. My point was, Mourinho just applied his personal formula for beating them, as he has done many times before with varied success; which failed because of the red card.

Hiddink never defeated them in 2009. You were lucky in the first leg when Henry was denied a penalty and Ballack allowed to still be on the pitch.

Mourinhos personal formula of no posession and constant fouling is a high-risk strategy because of the cards that follow such play. Bitching about the consequences of his own strategy is just part of his mission to pressure the refs, which certainly helped last night when Carvalho and Lass Diarra should have been sent off.

You know that Diego Militos goal in the semis last season was offside and that Alves was denied a blatant penalty while in the return leg Bojan's 2-0 goal was wrongly disallowed. The question you have to ask yourself is why you choose to ignore these inconvenient situations when you go on your parroting rant about conspiracies and cheating.

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:

Goddammit, you should post in here more.

Now there's a first for Bluemoon - someone encouraging me to post more!

BillyShears said:
I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine last night whilst watching the game. He was shocked that I wanted Madrid to go through. The only way I could explain was to say that this Barca team, as good as they are, have been rammed down my throat for two years now in the same way that Radiohead have for the last decade. Eventually you get sick of hearing just how good and how clever someone/something is. Eventually you want to underdog to win just to mix things up. Eventually you want the humblers to get humbled just to remind them that they're human.

I think this is how many feels. Eventually, some people get sick of the praise Barcelona get and react accordingly.

Regarding the tactics of risking going for a high amount of cards to try to stop Barcelona, I think thats true in general.

Somud said:
Hiddink never defeated them in 2009. You were lucky in the first leg when Henry was denied a penalty and Ballack allowed to still be on the pitch.

Mourinhos personal formula of no posession and constant fouling is a high-risk strategy because of the cards that follow such play. Bitching about the consequences of his own strategy is just part of his mission to pressure the refs, which certainly helped last night when Carvalho and Lass Diarra should have been sent off.

You know that Diego Militos goal in the semis last season was offside and that Alves was denied a blatant penalty while in the return leg Bojan's 2-0 goal was wrongly disallowed. The question you have to ask yourself is why you choose to ignore these inconvenient situations when you go on your parroting rant about conspiracies and cheating.
Wow you either have a hard on over Barca or just hate Mourinho. My guess is a bit of both. In 2009 Chelsea were denied 6 penalty appeals - had half of those been given there is no way anyone could have come back from that. Hiddink's strategy beat them and we were cheated out of it.

I never questioned the Milan goals being offside (such goals are scored every week, humans are in charge) and I never said I supported Mourinho's tactics, I just explained what he was doing. But if you're going to continue wanking over how great and true Barcelona are and how much of a villain Mourinho is then there is no discussion with you. Just by pointing out that Barcelona cheat to get their way and that Mourinho's strategy has worked against them before you painted me as the enemy, a minion in Mourinho's evil crusade against all that is good and just in football. Grow up.

Castiel said:
Somud said:

Wow you either have a hard on over Barca or just hate Mourinho. My guess is a bit of both. In 2009 Chelsea were denied 6 penalty appeals - had half of those been given there is no way anyone could have come back from that. Hiddink's strategy beat them and we were cheated out of it.

I never questioned the Milan goals being offside (such goals are scored every week, humans are in charge) and I never said I supported Mourinho's tactics, I just explained what he was doing. But if you're going to continue wanking over how great and true Barcelona are and how much of a villain Mourinho is then there is no discussion with you. Just by pointing out that Barcelona cheat to get their way and that Mourinho's strategy has worked against them before you painted me as the enemy, a minion in Mourinho's evil crusade against all that is good and just in football. Grow up.

Mourinho's tactics certainly did not work without the help of the ref last season with Inter, as Inter would have been knocked out if the result had been 2-2 in the first leg with correct refereeing and to top it off he disallowed the 2-0 goal in the second leg as well, denying Barca a place in the final.

It's not me that serve accusations about cheating, conspiracies and whatnot. When I point out numerous crucial decisions that went against Barcelona in those games of yours that you are bringing as "proof" of your victim role, you throw tantrums because you know that your accusations are hogwash. If you want to bring proof of your conspiracy theories, it's not exactly clever to bring up games with so many crucial and game changing decisions that went against Barcelona. If the ref had done his job in the first leg in the Chelsea games, and given Henry the penalty and sent off Ballack, Barcelona did not have to approach the game for the return leg in the same manner and you know it. Your bitterness is there for all to see.

Somud said:
Mourinho's tactics certainly did not work without the help of the ref last season with Inter, as Inter would have been knocked out if the result had been 2-2 in the first leg with correct refereeing and to top it off he disallowed the 2-0 goal in the second leg as well, denying Barca a place in the final.

It's not me that serve accusations about cheating, conspiracies and whatnot. When I point out numerous crucial decisions that went against Barcelona in those games of yours that you are bringing as "proof" of your victim role, you throw tantrums because you know that your accusations are hogwash. If you want to bring proof of your conspiracy theories, it's not exactly clever to bring up games with so many crucial and game changing decisions that went against Barcelona. If the ref had done his job in the first leg in the Chelsea games, and given Henry the penalty and sent off Ballack, Barcelona did not have to approach the game for the return leg in the same manner and you know it. Your bitterness is there for all to see.
Will you stop putting words in my mouth. First it was defending Mourinho now its being a conspiracy theorist. I challenge you to find one word I've written to support either assumption. ALL I've done is point out that Barcelona cheat (and they do, to deny it is stupidity) and that Mourinho employed the same strategy he has used time and time again to defeat them. I never said anything about a conspiracy and I never said Mourinho's strategy was the right one.

If you don't count feigning injury and swarming the ref to get players sent off, face clutching regardless of contact or not, deliberately handling the ball to score and prevent goals and diving at every opportunity to either trick ref's into awarding penalties or to deny opposition goals as cheating then what do you constitute as cheating? These aren't isolated incidents, its become clear that this is the core of the Barcelona game plan.

You keep referring to incidents which go against Barcelona like Henry in the first leg of 2009. The man a world recognised cheat and diver (Ireland vs France world cup qualification anyone?) We've seen strikers prone to diving denied penalties all the time, they bring it upon themselves. What matters is Barca made sure they cheated their way through the tie, even if 2 decisions went against them, at least 6 went for them and that made all the difference.

Until Man City draw them (I'm assuming you're a City fan/more like a closet Barca fan) and you're cheated to death I feel you'll never accept whats staring you in the face. The truth of how disgusting and disgraceful that club really is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.