Barcelona v Real Madrid

Marketing and age aside, I'd rather have him in the team than any other player on the planet, including Messi and Ronaldo. Nobody is able to be a threat for consistent period of football match more than him. I know some will find that a bullshit but I'm just in love with Marcelo, there is nothing he can't do in football except beating Crouch in the air and be perfect at defending :P - pace, skills, shot, cross, vision for wonderful pass, entertainment.. he has it all, perfect attacking player and all I want from watching football.

Agreed. He's very hard to dislike as a neutral. The only time I've ever disliked him was when he scored against us in Madrid back in 2012.

Watched this last night. Barca are a shadow of the team they used to be. Their build up was slow and painful (lesson for City here) while Madrid were packed with energy. The 3-5-2 formation was a disaster and negated the impact of Messi and Suarez. Perhaps this would be a good time for a cheeky bid for some of their team eg Busquets, Pique, Mascherano. They need a big re-build and some of their older players won't want to stay around. Meanwhile Marcello is the best left back in the world.

Barca need a good 7/8 players, I would rather we didn't give them the money to go and do that. Coutinho and Dembele once again papering over the cracks, they need more squad players of sufficient quality. It has been a problem for years however they also had Messi so it didn't matter too much, now it is catching up with them.

Enlighten me.

I can point you to the post from Bobbyowenquiff who said it so eloquently.

Watched this last night. Barca are a shadow of the team they used to be. Their build up was slow and painful (lesson for City here) while Madrid were packed with energy. The 3-5-2 formation was a disaster and negated the impact of Messi and Suarez. Perhaps this would be a good time for a cheeky bid for some of their team eg Busquets, Pique, Mascherano. They need a big re-build and some of their older players won't want to stay around. Meanwhile Marcello is the best left back in the world.

I still don't understand. We didn't fail to break Brighton down, we actually should have won by a few more, considering we missed some sitters.
We didn't break Brighton down for 70 minutes, a team newly promoted and with far inferior defenders than our competition for success this season. We didn't break Girona down at all and before the "It's only a training session" start the point about training is its training to show or achieve something. This team are again a newly promoted team playing for a club who have no cash to go out and buy top quality players. Clearly the training for this system showed us it doesn't work for the players we have. This squad being by most commentators opinion the best in the PL. If using this system we struggled to break down 2 newly promoted sides we will struggle to break down 75% of the teams in the PL. So thanks for trying something different but lets move on to a system that allows backs with pace to work together with wingers with pace and ability, midfielders who can create chances and the two quality strikers we have to convert the chances that are presented to them. What we have seen in the 2 games recently is back to the days of Pellers where wide players received the ball at their feet, then having to pass back. No wide player has a go at his defender unless its on a counter attack and we won't see many of those if 10 of the opposition never cross the half way line.

We didn't break Brighton down for 70 minutes, a team newly promoted and with far inferior defenders than our competition for success this season. We didn't break Girona down at all and before the "It's only a training session" start the point about training is its training to show or achieve something. This team are again a newly promoted team playing for a club who have no cash to go out and buy top quality players. Clearly the training for this system showed us it doesn't work for the players we have. This squad being by most commentators opinion the best in the PL. If using this system we struggled to break down 2 newly promoted sides we will struggle to break down 75% of the teams in the PL. So thanks for trying something different but lets move on to a system that allows backs with pace to work together with wingers with pace and ability, midfielders who can create chances and the two quality strikers we have to convert the chances that are presented to them. What we have seen in the 2 games recently is back to the days of Pellers where wide players received the ball at their feet, then having to pass back. No wide player has a go at his defender unless its on a counter attack and we won't see many of those if 10 of the opposition never cross the half way line.

Jesus free header in the first half should have been buried, it would have been a different outcome if he scored. Also Sergio's chance just after half time. If you're including the firing friendlies, then I will include the friendlies that we dicked Madrid, spurs and West Ham using 3-5-2.

It's because we don't convert every good chance that we have to maximise the chances created and the wide players being stonewalled every time they get 10 yards into opposition halves is not going to do it. Yes if that header had gone in it would have been different but it would have been whatever formation we were playing. I included the Girona friendly because like Brighton they gave us a game. Madrid didn't look interested and certainly not the same attitude as their super cup games against Barca. Spurs just looked awful and need I say anything about West Ham after last weekend. Plus I don't agree that 100% of those USA friendlies were 3-5-2.

It's because we don't convert every good chance that we have to maximise the chances created and the wide players being stonewalled every time they get 10 yards into opposition halves is not going to do it. Yes if that header had gone in it would have been different but it would have been whatever formation we were playing. I included the Girona friendly because like Brighton they gave us a game. Madrid didn't look interested and certainly not the same attitude as their super cup games against Barca. Spurs just looked awful and need I say anything about West Ham after last weekend. Plus I don't agree that 100% of those USA friendlies were 3-5-2.

I could pick so many things out of this to argue about by I can't be arsed. Moan about 3-5-2 when it's been proven not to work. At the minute, it's going okay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.