Barcelona Vs City CL 2nd leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions2012! said:
gwt said:
What we need to do is dive and get a peno; 1-0, then have Yaya score a freekick; 2-0, then score off a corner; 3-0. Then we bring on all of our tallest players and lineup on our goal line until the final whistle blows. Great plan or what?

No ref in Europe is going to give any Barca opponent a pen.
There's a reason they are called UEFAlona

That's the first time I've ever heard that, actually.

shadowyu said:
lasereyes said:
Lot of talk on this thread about the need for an early goal for us. I think last night's Bayern-Arsenal game shows that while that would be great, it's not necessary. Paradoxically, the longer the game stayed 0-0, the more edgy Bayern became. And when Arsenal equalized, the game swung and for the first time, you could see a ray of light for Arsenal. They had a number of good openings, but failed to take them.

Based on this, I think the critical thing is WE don't give up an early goal. That would allow Barcelona to settle and ease their nerves. I would not be unhappy going in 0-0 at half time. I think we WILL get chances as the game goes on (we even saw that at Etihad playing with 10 men). We just have to stick them away. The game at Newcastle in our title winning season and last year's game at United are good models for us, playing on the road, being very patient, growing into the game, and ultimately taking our chances when they presented themselves.

People over-analyze. Who cares if we score early or late, if it is 0-0 at half or not, if Barca are first to score... Who cares? The most important thing is to win this game by a 2 goal margin. That's it. When we played Bayern in Munich, we were down 0-2 and yet we could have easily won 4-2. Who knows what will happen. To come out and debate whether it is better to score early or late, whether it is more important to keep it 0-0 at half than to score early - all of this discussion is completely silly and ridiculous.

You're missing the point, bud. Firstly, I said nothing about whether an early or late goal is better for City. My comment was the single most important thing is don't give away an early goal. We are playing in a hostile environment and "going for broke" from the start as some have suggested is likely suicidal. This is Barcelona, not Crystal Palace we're talking about. If we concede early, the odds of our getting anything here shrink from maybe 5-10% to maybe 1% or less.

Also, the Bayern game is a poor analogy. Firstly, it was a group game where both teams had qualified. Not totally meaningless since first place was still on the line, but once 2-0 up, Bayern took their foot off the gas pedal thinking the game was won. In short, they way underestimated us. There is precisely zero chance of that happening in the knockout stages - and the Spanish press around this game is evidence of it.

In addition, I had to smile at your final line. If you think all this discussion is silly and ridiculous, then why are you even on this forum and why are you adding to the silly and ridiculous discussion?!

I fancy us tonight, I really do. No pressure, we've just got to go there and have a go. I don't know what their defence is going to be, but if Aguero plays like he did against Tottenham he could easily bag a hat trick.

Come on City!

Paddy Power just been on Talkshite giving out odds on Demichelis being sent off tonight....Talk about clueless. Took simpleton Gough to pull him up on it.

I am strangely confident about tonight, not sure why!

Sky Blue said:
Paddy Power just been on Talkshite giving out odds on Demichelis being sent off tonight....Talk about clueless. Took simpleton Gough to pull him up on it.

I am strangely confident about tonight, not sure why!

It's wrong that. How the hell can a sport radio station not know he's suspended when he was sent off in the first leg. Oh yeah it's talkwank.

Lark Lane Blue said:
didz CTID said:
i'm in London for work at the minute, anybody know where there might be some blues watching tonights game?

http://www.mcfcfans.co.uk/londonpubs

Tuartsboots:

Famous Three Kings
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tipped.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tipped.co.uk</a>
171-173 North End Road
London W14 9NL
020 7603 6071

shows streamed games, many Blues go there.

Reliably informed that the The Vale, East Dulwich
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/</a> ... ar/Dulwich

does too.

If I get updates, I will post them

Tony

London Blues

-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:02 pm --

been told on ESPN so London Blues will be at The City Pride Farringdon

City Pride in Farringdon used to be great- genuine city pub. Not anymore though, unfortunately....so don't head for that one!

lasereyes said:
shadowyu said:
lasereyes said:
Lot of talk on this thread about the need for an early goal for us. I think last night's Bayern-Arsenal game shows that while that would be great, it's not necessary. Paradoxically, the longer the game stayed 0-0, the more edgy Bayern became. And when Arsenal equalized, the game swung and for the first time, you could see a ray of light for Arsenal. They had a number of good openings, but failed to take them.

Based on this, I think the critical thing is WE don't give up an early goal. That would allow Barcelona to settle and ease their nerves. I would not be unhappy going in 0-0 at half time. I think we WILL get chances as the game goes on (we even saw that at Etihad playing with 10 men). We just have to stick them away. The game at Newcastle in our title winning season and last year's game at United are good models for us, playing on the road, being very patient, growing into the game, and ultimately taking our chances when they presented themselves.

People over-analyze. Who cares if we score early or late, if it is 0-0 at half or not, if Barca are first to score... Who cares? The most important thing is to win this game by a 2 goal margin. That's it. When we played Bayern in Munich, we were down 0-2 and yet we could have easily won 4-2. Who knows what will happen. To come out and debate whether it is better to score early or late, whether it is more important to keep it 0-0 at half than to score early - all of this discussion is completely silly and ridiculous.

You're missing the point, bud. Firstly, I said nothing about whether an early or late goal is better for City. My comment was the single most important thing is don't give away an early goal. We are playing in a hostile environment and "going for broke" from the start as some have suggested is likely suicidal. This is Barcelona, not Crystal Palace we're talking about. If we concede early, the odds of our getting anything here shrink from maybe 5-10% to maybe 1% or less.

Also, the Bayern game is a poor analogy. Firstly, it was a group game where both teams had qualified. Not totally meaningless since first place was still on the line, but once 2-0 up, Bayern took their foot off the gas pedal thinking the game was won. In short, they way underestimated us. There is precisely zero chance of that happening in the knockout stages - and the Spanish press around this game is evidence of it.

In addition, I had to smile at your final line. If you think all this discussion is silly and ridiculous, then why are you even on this forum and why are you adding to the silly and ridiculous discussion?!

Just to point how silly and ridiculous it is. Not the entire forum, of course - there is a lot of good content here including post-game discussions, pre-game discussions related to preferred lineups, etc. But a discussion about whether it is more important to score or not to concede... I very strongly believe that such a discussion is pointless. Of course it is important to score and not to concede... But this discussion about timing of the first goal, importance not to concede in first half... All of this, wow, complete over-analysis.

Hopefully we at least give it a good go and not limp out like the Arse last night.

Feeling positive about tonight. Just bet £20 at 12/1 to qualify.
come on you blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.