Barcelona Friendly Game Postponed

Was just thinking the same, will definitely go if allowed
Lovely city Barcelona, however seen the Nou Camp and done that (both in this and competitive games)
Can't see us playing anything other than "shop window"/youngsters/fringe
It's a no for me - and if we play anyone from our first XV and the club complain about the number of games we have to play It's a mockery

Mid week in-season friendly and lose to Norwich the game after like 2 years ago.

Even without current restrictions it seems a bad idea, what will happen fly back on Friday, game on Saturday? Surely a non-starter.

Mid week in-season friendly and lose to Norwich the game after like 2 years ago.

Even without current restrictions it seems a bad idea, what will happen fly back on Friday, game on Saturday? Surely a non-starter.
Game could be moved to a Sunday but it’s still a stupid idea to play Thursday before our first home game of season I wonder do Barca play that Saturday or Sunday in their league..

Game could be moved to a Sunday but it’s still a stupid idea to play Thursday before our first home game of season I wonder do Barca play that Saturday or Sunday in their league..
I presume City will still need match fitness at that stage so for us it will be a training exercise. That said it is a risk. It is actually a prestige match for Barca because of local politics. I went to the last Joan Gamper Trophy and it was an intense game, not like a friendly at all. Their 96,000 fans were gutted at the end. They played all their big guns (some coming on as subs) and it was Zlatan's debut (he was shite). These games can get heated. Our Community Shield game against Liverpool was very physical for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.