Barnsley by-election

nijinsky's fetlocks

The devil came and took me from bar to street to b
Nice to see the Liberal Sellouttwats getting a thorough electoral fisting as the voters dumped them into sixth place.
Hopefully this and the increased majority for Labour is a sign of things to come,and the start of the demise of this shameful coalition of Dumb and Dumber that nobody voted for in the first place.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
What did they vote for?

A minority Tory administration with no overall majority,if I remember correctly.
I don't recall any major party standing on the 'coalition' ticket,in fact Clegg specifically ruled this out in one of the live pre-election debates.
So we ended up with a scenario that nobody knew was on the cards,and nobody voted for.
Isn't democracy wonderful?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
What did they vote for?

A minority Tory administration with no overall majority,if I remember correctly.I don't recall any major party standing on the 'coalition' ticket,in fact Clegg specifically ruled this out in one of the live pre-election debates.
So we ended up with a scenario that nobody knew was on the cards,and nobody voted for.

So by the sounds of it you would have been happier with the Lib Dems outside the government and presumably voting against the Tories then.

I remember voting for labour keen to exercise my vote on europe as promised - only to find that Labour shamefully lied - they are all as bad as each other

Problem the current one has is that before they can try and do anything positive they have years of nasty stuff to do to address the total mis-management of labour on the economy - I do not remember voting to have the economy destroyed through egotistic recklessness of an incompetent chancellor and later PM

As I said they are all bad as each other - but we are in danger of sleep-walking back to the incompetents

A minority Tory administration with no overall majority,if I remember correctly.I don't recall any major party standing on the 'coalition' ticket,in fact Clegg specifically ruled this out in one of the live pre-election debates.

So by the sounds of it you would have been happier with the Lib Dems outside the government and presumably voting against the Tories then.

Personally I would be happier if the filthy,duplicitous,two-faced Liberal bastards were not allowed within a country mile of Westminster,and yes,even as a Labour supporter I would have been happier with a minority Tory government,for three main reasons.
One is that it would have not been able to bulldoze through unfair cuts to public services without the nodding Churchill dogs of the Demoprats,and secondly that it would,in all likelihood,have collapsed before long.
And lastly it would at least have the redeeming feature of returning to power the party who actually won the most seats,rather than have the balance of power held by a bunch of opportunistic chancers who came a very remote third.

Personally I would be happier if the filthy,duplicitous,two-faced Liberal bastards were not allowed within a country mile of Westminster,and yes,even as a Labour supporter I would have been happier with a minority Tory government,for three main reasons.
One is that it would have not been able to bulldoze through unfair cuts to public services without the nodding Churchill dogs of the Demoprats,and secondly that it would,in all likelihood,have collapsed before long.
And lastly it would at least have the redeeming feature of returning to power the party who actually won the most seats,rather than have the balance of power held by a bunch of opportunistic chancers who came a very remote third.

So how would them habitually voting with Labour rather than the Tories better serve the best interests of democracy?

People didn't vote for that either.

So how would them habitually voting with Labour rather than the Tories better serve the best interests of democracy?

Just which part of 'the party that comes third effectively choosing who runs the country in a pact that they adamantly ruled out prior to the election in exchange for some meaningless and powerless portfolios and shiny Westminster desks' do you fail to understand as being a mockery of democracy?
My initial post was that the Barnsley electorate gave a resounding 'fuck right off' to the Liberals - quite rightly,in my opinion,for hopping into bed with the Tories at a sniff of power that they don't actually have.
If this is a portent of things to come,then good,because Clegg deserves every drubbing that comes his way from now on.

If this is a portent of things to come,then good,because Clegg deserves every drubbing that comes his way from now on.
Quite agree and being the holder of a south yorks constituency himself (a university one at that) I can't wait to see the sackless bastards excuse when he doesn't even contest his current seat next time. Mind you "call me" Dave will probably offer him a safe Tory seat in defection.

Just which part of 'the party that comes third effectively choosing who runs the country in a pact that they adamantly ruled out prior to the election in exchange for some meaningless and powerless portfolios and shiny Westminster desks' do you fail to understand as being a mockery of democracy?
My initial post was that the Barnsley electorate gave a resounding 'fuck right off' to the Liberals - quite rightly,in my opinion,for hopping into bed with the Tories at a sniff of power that they don't actually have.

You have conspicuously failed to answer my previous question. If they had sided with Labour then equally they would have been 'choosing who runs the country'.

The fact is you don't like it because they didn't side with Labour, not because of some overwhelming desire to champion democracy. Because if they had you'd be trotting out the same lines that the coalition do now about working together for the good of the country etc..

And when did they rule out a pact with anyone before the election? I must have missed that one. I thought Clegg said he would speak to the party with the largest mandate first.

The fact is any other arrangement would not have worked. A Lib/Lab pact would have meant a run on the pound and economic inertia, followed by another General Election, which I strongly suspect the Tories would have won as a consequence of the effect that Lib/Lab pact had on the economy. People would have let their aspirations for stability override whatever concerns they had about the Tories, and I probably include myself in that even though I've never voted Tory in my life.

Nobody likes a sore loser. Criticize their policies, fine, but don't blame the Lib Dems for having to deal with the mathmatics of the situation as they found it -they genuinely had no real choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.