Barry Knowles RIP

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored
Team supported
City and Darlington FC
For anyone who lives around the Cheadle Hulme area and has been a regular in the Junction sad news that Barry passed away in his sleep this week after a long illness.

Despite having The Big C he continued to follow City but was not well enough to attend Wolves this week with his last game being the Burton 9-0 game, a fitting finale for the biggest Blue I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I met Barry(or Bazzor as we liked to call him) through my cousin and quickly found we had something in common In life......our love of City and beer.

A group of us would follow City everywhere and you always knew it was going to be fun with Barry around.

One Saturday pre season I wanted to go to watch City at Kilmarnock but had not made any arrangements. It was 10am. I had a pass from the wife.
However, I didnt want to go on my own. " Who do I know that is daft enough that can I ring this late on to go to Kilmarnock?" I asked the wife. "Barry" she replied and sure enough 30 minutes later we were on our way.

For anyone who knew him I will put funeral details on here as well as getting over to the Junction to put a notice up there.His ashes are to be spread at the Memorial Garden at City alongside wilfwild1937 his younger friend who passed away last year.

Last edited:
Top Bloke, only 63, lived for City.
Had some great City trips with him
RIP Bazza

Andy reckons he might be older! Regardless,not a Grey hair on his head as he never worried about fuck all apart from City and where his next pint was coming from. Absolute Legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.