Barry Knowles RIP

Steve, Its at Stockport Crem 9am this Monday. Theres nothing planned afterwards on Monday so we will be spreading his ashes at the ground at a later date when we get them and also organising a few beers get together too. See the post above.Mike AKA Tbilisi
Did you get my message mike

There are some fans (all clubs have them) who will back down in a pub banter argument 'Ok, yeah, we were a bit poor and your lot deserved to win. Leave me alone'. Not Barry. No surrender from him. His attitude was 'We are City - we'll do whatever we effin' want'. A gentle guy - but he would deliver a verbal riposte instantly to anyone who crossed him (football-wise) with a real growl in his voice.

Barry worked in Cheadle, I worked in Manchester and we got the same bus every day - we only talked football except for when we were passing the pubs - he used to tell me which ones the old Stockport nut jobs drank in. Cut Barry and you would see sky blue blood. RIP Barry.

Where’s the wake, not sure wether to drive or not? I’m coming from North Wales. Anyone having a libation of two afterwards? He wouldn’t have it any other way

Where’s the wake, not sure wether to drive or not? I’m coming from North Wales. Anyone having a libation of two afterwards? He wouldn’t have it any other way

Theres not been a wake put on.Im going back into work and think some doing the same.We are planning a get together to scatter the ashes and a piss up to salute him at a near future City game and will put something on here when we have dates.Sure some will be doing a beer after on Monday though.

Theres not been a wake put on.Im going back into work and think some doing the same.We are planning a get together to scatter the ashes and a piss up to salute him at a near future City game and will put something on here when we have dates.Sure some will be doing a beer after on Monday though.

I was reading your other post about no wake mate, kinda felt a bit sad even though I've never met Barry. Reading all the messages about what a character and good lad he was, it just surprised me.

I didn’t know him that well, but I had a few drinks with him in Wetherspoons/ junction before going to the match aswell. He loved a drink or two haha. What a character he was

RIP mate. Upsetting news

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.