Barry to Everton?

lancs blue said:
BufordUSABlue said:
We missed Gaz Baz today, the first half especially, when he could been in there breaking things up in midfield when Hull (I still can't believe I am actually saying this!) we're all over us and dominating the midfield.

It would have been a good option to have GB on the bench ..... Instead of Garcia.

Agreed, and it seems to me that Silva tends to play better with Barry in the team.

Can't quite get my head round why he is so out of favour - have definitely missed him the last two games

Sad to see him go if true, he has done well for us - was one of the early recruits and in my mind delivered

Barry please don't go...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wah7MqEHFg[/youtube]

I'm no expert on holisticness but surely he's good for it. I hate sports clichés but he appears to be a good locker room guy. I know I'm only saying that because he's English and has a sensible haircut but he seems like someone younger players can look up to, and although isn't flashy does basically everything right. Certainly shouldn't start every game but I think he's worth having around the next couple of years.

rick773 said:
I'm no expert on holisticness but surely he's good for it. I hate sports clichés but he appears to be a good locker room guy. I know I'm only saying that because he's English and has a sensible haircut but he seems like someone younger players can look up to, and although isn't flashy does basically everything right. Certainly shouldn't start every game but I think he's worth having around the next couple of years.

Honestly, all this might be true and I like Barry as a player but this purely might be a wage cut and nothing else, and if he doesn't want to restructure to stay here than this is all business and nothing personal.

I think the last two games have shown us that he definitely is worth a place in the squad. He passes forwards for one and when he has played we havent had the requirement to have two defensive midfielders as we currently have with Yaya and Fernandinho. Won't and shouldn't play every game but should be on the bench at the very least. If he goes, good luck to him, he leaves with FA Cup and Premier League winners medals, more than Stevie G has got.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
I think the last two games have shown us that he definitely is worth a place in the squad. He passes forwards for one and when he has played we havent had the requirement to have two defensive midfielders as we currently have with Yaya and Fernandinho. Won't and shouldn't play every game but should be on the bench at the very least. If he goes, good luck to him, he leaves with FA Cup and Premier League winners medals, more than Stevie G has got.

Part of the current midfield problem is that neither Yaya or Ferdy are 'defensive' midfielders,however,they are currently deployed as such and it isn't working.

rick773 said:

And I bet he drives a Volkswagen passat estate

BringBackSwales said:
BufordUSABlue said:
We missed Gaz Baz today, the first half especially, when he could been in there breaking things up in midfield when Hull (I still can't believe I am actually saying this!) we're all over us and dominating the midfield.

It would have been a good option to have GB on the bench ..... Instead of Garcia.

The Gareth Barry situation is right up there with NDJ as being unfathomable - both good players, both play a huge part in stopping the other team, shielding the back 4 and setting up offensive play, and yet both go for peanuts - Barry and NDJ for a combined selling price of £4M, replaced by Garcia and Fernandinho for close on £60M combined looks incredibly strange

Have to agree there mate, and that in bold, especially with NDJ, is something many people miss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.