Barry to Everton?

If we're really paying 40% of his wages, and his going there starts off the chain of events leading to Fellaini going to the rags, then we are more stupid than I thought.

Well if nobody wants to buy him because of his mad wages then at least we save money if we loan him out. Do not think he would get much match time due to our strengths in that area.

quiet_riot said:
If we're really paying 40% of his wages, and his going there starts off the chain of events leading to Fellaini going to the rags, then we are more stupid than I thought.

Have to agree. Still think he can do a job if required - zero confiedence in Garcia, Rodders is liable to blow up at any moment and Dinho whilst he still needs games he will pick up his fair share of yellows so there will be inevitable suspensions.

As stated above, I have a hard time believing that we're gonna let Barry go in order to facilitate Fellaini to Utd.

No problem with letting Barry go in itself, but the knock-on is surely being assessed.

Everton have just (this morning) had another bid for James McCarthy turned down by Wigan, which'd mean that Barry is probably - as we speak - their only viable replacement.

On the other hand, I wouldn't at all be against letting Barry go and getting Fellaini on board as a defensive-mid (his preferred position), but that's pretty unlikely, I think you'll agree.

If Barry isn't pushing this himself out of fear of losing his England place, then I just don't see the logic behind it.

We lose a useful midfielder, and probably enable the rags to sign Fellaini.

Much rather cut out them all together and offer cash + Barry direct to them, if Pelle thinks we need another midfield. At least there is no ACON this year to take Yaya away.

Keep Everton hanging on regardless, their terms may improve.

bluetonium said:
If Barry isn't pushing this himself out of fear of losing his England place, then I just don't see the logic behind it.

We lose a useful midfielder, and probably enable the rags to sign Fellaini.

Much rather cut out them all together and offer cash + Barry direct to them, if Pelle thinks we need another midfield. At least there is no ACON this year to take Yaya away.

Keep Everton hanging on regardless, their terms may improve.
I hope Barry is going to make space to bring Rodwell through this season, that for me would be the only logical reason for him moving as he has been a great servant for us but at 32 it may be time to give move Barry on and ease Rodwell into the squad, this lad has had unfair criticism and I hope Pellegrini can bring him on this year.

At a very quiet Everton training ground, there is no update on their bid for James McCarthy, but they are trying to push through a season-long loan deal for Manchester City's Garth Barry. From the BBC's Juliette Ferrington

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.