Barry to Everton?

rick773 said:
Is there a benefit to having him go on loan vs just paying him the difference of what he'd miss out on at everton and letting him go permanently? Sorry if it's been covered but the loan in the last year of a contract never made sense to me.
Its basically a permanent deal anyway really, their paying 100% of his wages and this is the last year of his contract.

Right now we have Fernandinho, Yaya and Milner for a central midfield role (Garcia isn't good enough and Rodwell would be good but we can't rely on him as he is always injured).

Only Milner out of the three is a solid tackler. The two in midfield of Fern' and Yaya were overrun in the first half and parts of the second by Hull - let that sink in for a second and then remember we have to play the likes of Bayern.

Failing to address a replacement for Barry will kill us this season when we want to do well in all competitions, especially in Europe.

Really don't know why we let Barry go. Going to be a costly mistake imo.

I'm really glad he came to us...Barry will be an asset in our midfield...I never rated Gibson, Barry certainly is an upgrade both in class and experience...I'm happy with our deals this season Kone, Barry, Lukaku, McCarthy...hopefully Martinez gets them going...draws are not getting us far

The feeling I have today is like the feeling you get when a close friend moves away. No fall out no dispute just a gut feeling that this really didn't have to happen!
However Barry obviously wanted the move because I believe he still feels he can regain his England place in this World Cup year and to do that he needs to be playing regularly.
We on the other hand are still building and moving forward and our future lies with the likes of Rodwell who if he can stay fit will develop into a class act with us and there has been no reason over the last few months to suggest that Rodwell won't stay fit. He ended last season in tremendous form.
I would even suggest he can stay as fit as Micah can!
Thank you Gareth you did a tremendous job and MCFC will be forever in your debt because you made a huge contribution to our emergence from the 'pit of despair'...........................................Thank you and good luck mate!

In all fairness Gents, not all us Everton fans are lacking in football understanding....

Yes Barry is getting on a bit, but, his experience is something we desperately need in the middle of the park, with Fellaini gone, and imo, the jury out on James Mcarthy, we need an old head in the middle of the park, especially with young lads like Barkley and Deulofeu who are still very raw and prone to making mistakes by doing too much with the ball due to their youthful exuberance and lack of experience. Barry is just the type of player we need to hold it all together. Lets be honest, up until the last 8 games of last season Phil Neville was the guy doing that and, as much as Phil wasn't cutting it anymore, that loss of experience in the middle of the park needed replacing.

As far as i'm concerned, Barry is a great signing for us, and even more so that when his loan comes to an end so does his contract at City, so we could get him for nothing if he has a decent spell, which i'm sure he will!

Have a great season all :)

The Doctor said:
The feeling I have today is like the feeling you get when a close friend moves away. No fall out no dispute just a gut feeling that this really didn't have to happen!
However Barry obviously wanted the move because I believe he still feels he can regain his England place in this World Cup year and to do that he needs to be playing regularly.
We on the other hand are still building and moving forward and our future lies with the likes of Rodwell who if he can stay fit will develop into a class act with us and there has been no reason over the last few months to suggest that Rodwell won't stay fit. He ended last season in tremendous form.
I would even suggest he can stay as fit as Micah can!
Thank you Gareth you did a tremendous job and MCFC will be forever in your debt because you made a huge contribution to our emergence from the 'pit of despair'...........................................Thank you and good luck mate!

What a great post, I feel much the same way. I will miss Gaz Baz for his calm presence, I know he is getting a bit slower but the way he read a game was great and he would suddenly appear where no one had expected him to be............ if that makes sense!! But basically he knew what he was doing. I wish him luck with Everton, the good thing about being on loan means that he can't play against us doesn't it? If we had sold him he would have played against us so that's another bonus!!

greasedupdeafguy said:
rick773 said:
Is there a benefit to having him go on loan vs just paying him the difference of what he'd miss out on at everton and letting him go permanently? Sorry if it's been covered but the loan in the last year of a contract never made sense to me.
Its basically a permanent deal anyway really, their paying 100% of his wages and this is the last year of his contract.
But we don't receive a transfer fee. It's as if we've just terminated his contract.

SamboApplecart said:
In all fairness Gents, not all us Everton fans are lacking in football understanding....

Yes Barry is getting on a bit, but, his experience is something we desperately need in the middle of the park, with Fellaini gone, and imo, the jury out on James Mcarthy, we need an old head in the middle of the park, especially with young lads like Barkley and Deulofeu who are still very raw and prone to making mistakes by doing too much with the ball due to their youthful exuberance and lack of experience. Barry is just the type of player we need to hold it all together. Lets be honest, up until the last 8 games of last season Phil Neville was the guy doing that and, as much as Phil wasn't cutting it anymore, that loss of experience in the middle of the park needed replacing.

As far as i'm concerned, Barry is a great signing for us, and even more so that when his loan comes to an end so does his contract at City, so we could get him for nothing if he has a decent spell, which i'm sure he will!

Have a great season all :)

I agree with you 100%. Hope it works out for Barry and Everton. Martinez has done good business - Lukaku in particular is a top striker and vast improvement for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.