Barry to Everton?

NQCitizen said:
de niro said:
our worse piece of business for a long long time.

Do we have a single player that can defend intelligently in midfield now?
* Yaya Toure is capable, but better utilised in a different role.
* Fernandinho perhaps if he adapts well enough, in fact i was of the impression his purpose was to A. Replace Yaya when he goes to the African Cup of Club Disruptions and B. to allow some more anchoring so Yaya could better utilise his pace and ability...whether it works remains to be seen
* Rodwell showed very good signs in the last few games of last season that he could do the job well so i expect he's likely the best bet.
* Garcia leaks defensively about as much as the titanic did after it hit the iceberg.
* Milner seems capable of "having a go" but it's pretty clear that's not the role he's generally comfortable with.
* Then there's the attacking mids who are clearly not suitable mostly because they're all short, small and not great at recovering possession (Silva, Nasri, Navas).

Times like these i miss De Jong.

de niro said:
our worse piece of business for a long long time.

Agree. Like De Jong we will now see how much difference he made to the performance of the team which wasn't always appreciated. A great move for him and Everton and as a model pro for City I wish him all the best. Yes there were times when he had a poor game (like every other footballer) but they were far outweighed by the games he helped us to win. I hope Milner doesn't go the same way because IMO he's another player who is vastly underrated.

Pelle's first big mistake.
CTID

Shooter 83 said:
Should of been Garcia, Barry would have been perfect sat in behind Yaya and Fernan.

I Agree, in those tuff away games he would of been a good option to have, sitting in behind Yaya and Dinho....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.