Bathroom Ceiling Paint

BLUEYESTU

We have a small bathroom with an extractor and window but despite these the ceiling paint is still cracking and starting to peel, (I’ve had a battle for years with the teenage stepdaughter trying to get her to open the window when she’s going to shower but it’s just caused so many family arguments that it’s not worth the grief now).
I last painted it apx 5-6 months ago and used kitchen/bathroom paint but it’s already cracking again.
Is that the best paint to use? I’ve read that it’s basically masonry paint and a rip off. Is there a better way to do the job that will last a couple of years at least?
Any help appreciated.

Surface not primed properly before painting originally is my guess. Chip away the loose paint, patch up the areas, sand and prime with a suitable primer then paint. A Dulux centre will have everything you need and advise.

If it's small and presuming the ceiling is white, then maybe just paint the fucker in oil-based undercoat or something oil-based anyway and leave it

We have a MEACO dehumidifier set in the hallway upstairs and turn it on to suck out the moisture from the nearby bathroom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.