Battle at the Bridge

Hart of the Matter

mods feel free to merge but I see this discussed in Clattenberg and Premier league matches threads. The repercussions could rumble on for weeks. So a separate thread about players actions and outcomes seem reasonable.
In my view I loved the game. I loved the Spurs kicking sht out of the Chaveskis, targeting those that had bigged up Leicster before they even played them. If City had the same spirit.....
However, snot throwing, gauging, finger stamping, kicking out etc let alone post match issues could see a raft of bans, fines and according to the rules even a points deduction (not likely). Some Chelsea antics need looking at to.
At the end of the day I still loved watching it....

mods feel free to merge but I see this discussed in Clattenberg and Premier league matches threads. The repercussions could rumble on for weeks. So a separate thread about players actions and outcomes seem reasonable.
In my view I loved the game. I loved the Spurs kicking sht out of the Chaveskis, targeting those that had bigged up Leicster before they even played them. If City had the same spirit.....
However, snot throwing, gauging, finger stamping, kicking out etc let alone post match issues could see a raft of bans, fines and according to the rules even a points deduction (not likely). Some Chelsea antics need looking at to.
At the end of the day I still loved watching it....

Have to agree it was a proper game of football, but in todays sanitised world of football there will no doubt be much disapproval within the hand ringing, finger wagging, Yoghurt knitting higher echelons of the game and beyond. Expect some players to be getting severely slapped legs.

I would be mortified if our players behaved like that,they went beyond what was acceptable,the game was one thing but the violence was not on

I would be mortified if our players behaved like that,they went beyond what was acceptable,the game was one thing but the violence was not on

Football "violence" and real life violence are 2 different things.

Football is supposed to be a contact sport but it's as violent as a chess match these days.

Other sports laugh at how football fans and players cry about any sort of violence these days.

Once again Clatternberg is at the centre of things. He should have stamped his authority from the off. Spuds had 9 players booked and could quite easily have had 2 or 3 sent off. The chavs weren't saints and they played their part in the ugly scenes, but from what I could see and from what I've read the Spuds players were so wound up it was obvious something was going to happen.

I hope both clubs are punished accordingly.

Have to agree it was a proper game of football, but in todays sanitised world of football there will no doubt be much disapproval within the hand ringing, finger wagging, Yoghurt knitting higher echelons of the game and beyond. Expect some players to be getting severely slapped legs.

There's a huge difference between being hard and being a ****. Zabba is a proper footballer, hard as nails, never complains, never backs down and always gives 100%.
Call me a yoghurt knitter, but eye gouging, snot throwing, spitting and going out to injure other players out of sheer malice is not something I would want any City player to do. Those aren't the actions of 'proper footballers' they are the actions of snide cunts who run crying to the ref when the same is done to them.

There's a huge difference between being hard and being a ****. Zabba is a proper footballer, hard as nails, never complains, never backs down and always gives 100%.
Call me a yoghurt knitter, but eye gouging, snot throwing, spitting and going out to injure other players out of sheer malice is not something I would want any City player to do. Those aren't the actions of 'proper footballers' they are the actions of snide cunts who run crying to the ref when the same is done to them.
Fans_war_face.gif

There were definitely a couple of x rated tackles and snidey shit that has no place on a football field that should have seen red for me.
Diers second on a chelsea player minutes fro the end (deliberate violent foul play not revisited by Clattencunt as Mason mugged Hazard in the resulting play), Mason on Hazard (premeditated lunge into back of legs with no intention to play the ball), Lamela for deliberately walking on Fabregas hand (making sure all his body weight went on it instead of pulling away when he knew he was on it), Dembele for gouging Costa in the eye (utterly despicable act that should result in a lengthy ban, seen clearly by the liner who shat himself), Costa for snot throwing (utter twat). Several more ugly tackles like Rose on Willian (who got his own back 2nd half) and Vertonghan on Costa several times but were all punished with appropriate yellows.
Spurs lost it big time and having 8-9 players yellowed should result in some severe action by either the PL or FA like a good talking to and a £5 fine - the shithouses!

A lot of fans love to see things like that in the match and will call it 'proper' football because that's what we're accustomed to on the whole. Most on here played football at a shite level (barring a few) and we watched football at a shite level for years so 'hard' tackles equate to passion and determination.

I, and most, don't pay top dollar to watch that. It's no longer 'proper' football at the top level. We obviously want to see commitment and hard, fair tackles when needed but we pay to watch players do what we can't as individuals mostly. That shit was akin to a Sunday league pitch and a rugby match.

Spurs weren't committed, they lost their fucking heads and paid the price as a result. If they had focussed on their 2 goal lead as much as they apparently focussed on their passion in dishing it out to Chelsea then they would still have a pop at Leicester fucking it up. Serves the cunts right.

The aggression and complete lack of discipline is what ultimately cost Spurs the chance of the title (granted they'd have probably lost it the week after).

In the first half Walker was lucky to stay on the pitch and that was at nil nil. Granted they completely lost their heads at 2 all as the title had slipped away from them, but even at nil nil they were flying into challenges. I'd hate City to be doing that personally as I'd hope we had more composure rather than belittle ourselves to Chelsea's tit for tat level.

I'm all for aggression in football (to a point), but that second half display should have resulted in Spurs finishing the game with about 8 men, totally not what football is about as once they threw the game away they let the Chelsea players mind games beat them (Costa and Fibreglass being the main two).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.