Bayern fans are

Germans....

Maybe leave your beloved island every now and then and visit Germany. You might be surprised how similar people from England and Germany are, especially when it comes to football.

However that might shatter some of those stereotypes that the english yellow press is still desperately trying to keep up.

And believe it or not, the matchgoing Bayern fans are actually pretty decent. Same as with united and other similar successfull teams the majority of their "fanbase" is not going to matches and knows the team/ground only from TV. Those are the annoying fuckers...

The active fanbase of Bayern is actually pretty critical of their own leadership, especially Rummenigge and Hoeness.

Maybe leave your beloved island every now and then and visit Germany. You might be surprised how similar people from England and Germany are, especially when it comes to football.

However that might shatter some of those stereotypes that the english yellow press is still desperately trying to keep up.

And believe it or not, the matchgoing Bayern fans are actually pretty decent. Same as with united and other similar successfull teams the majority of their "fanbase" is not going to matches and knows the team/ground only from TV. Those are the annoying fuckers...

The active fanbase of Bayern is actually pretty critical of their own leadership, especially Rummenigge and Hoeness.
Quite right about Germany. My favourite country to visit and some of the funniest and nicest people I've ever met.

No surprise to me, I spent many a splendid February half term driving through a German Winter looking for 'fremdenzimmer'! Delightful people, much like the delightful French (if yer can find one!) but the gripe is with the gobshite Bayern fans, not Germans - we adore Gundog, and the whole of my football connection was built on the performances of the best Germany ever produced - Bert Trautmann!

You will have to a lot more than state that to convince me and many others. What have they done to upset the German Rags? How can you be sure it is not a more complex relationship where each does each other’s biddings when it suits them?
They reported on Uli Hoeness avoiding tax in 2013 which led to him going to prison for one. He was Bayern president at the time, he served his sentance, and is Bayern president again.

What is your evidence that Bayern are involved with them? Is it literally just because they're a German publication? Does that mean we have control over, and feed information to the likes of Miguel Delaney and the Harris Brothers because they work for English publications?

Done Munich away twice and had nothing but a good time with the Bayern lads, the ones I spoke to were a good laugh. They weren't happy when we came back and won 3-2 but a few beers later and all was good.

They reported on Uli Hoeness avoiding tax in 2013 which led to him going to prison for one. He was Bayern president at the time, he served his sentance, and is Bayern president again.

What is your evidence that Bayern are involved with them? Is it literally just because they're a German publication? Does that mean we have control over, and feed information to the likes of Miguel Delaney and the Harris Brothers because they work for English publications?
I didn’t say I was convinced they were involved with them but a German publication with a vendetta against an English club is very strange. A German club chairman being investigated by a German publication is no more than I would expect, there are numerous examples of our English press outing dubious and criminal behaviour in our game (Bruce grobbelaar, Brian Clough etc.). When you then consider the power of Bayern Munich (domination of the bundesliga and German finance, ease with which they poach players that play or have played in their league, the various spokesmen that do their bidding publicly, the dropping of Sane for the world cup - do you think he maybe in their euro squad now he is a Bayern player?) there is institutional bias at the very least. No difference to our Rag and Dipper tabloids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.