Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

Not surprised by what he said. He had to be positive because it’s just halftime. But I’m sure he knows he’s very lucky to have a sniff still.

next week will be very interesting because they will know if we score first its all over. So not sure they will come out guns blazing or do same as today. They will feel if they can get to 1-0 by haiftime it becomes a totally different game.

I think the home crowd will demand they come out full-blitzkrieg.

Hopefully, we use that to our advantage. But do it sensibly.

The whole show surrounding Bayern appting Tuchel and sacking Nagelsmann vindicates what Pep hinted at when he went on Sabattical. There's something not quite right about the place. The egos and ex players, playing the PR game. There's something very insecure about appting Tuchel in the way they did. Like, certain people at the club, maybe the club in general - it/they felt inferior, insecure, knowing they'd face us, face Haaland, KDB, their ex-manager. So they tried to borrow Tuchel's psychological edge over Pep. What a farce. That's not how any of this works. Sack a manager fighting for two trophies? Because of a percieved edge he has over your opponent. For one tie?! Madness.

Tuchel has just arrived. And already he looks and sounds worried. "Can't sleep". He made such a blatant drama of berating his bench over the first goal. It's not his fault! No. Other people didn't listen.

That's how it works, when the guys at the top are insecure and flailing about for real answers. Everyone else has to feel insecure.

Why insecure? 7 managers in 6 years post Pep. Busting the finances with Sane. Loved getting one over us there! Many other little things along the way I bet. They boasted the problems out of sight when first mentioned. But they've only made them worse.

Well played, lads. Well played, Pep. Well played, the City Board.

City must finish the job in Bayern. And then I'll start to think of them in the same way I think of PSG. Prone to a bit of self-destruction, when facing us. Because it's City who are the stronger, more confident outfit.
Tuchel is a prick and he’s out of his depth.

Hope we humiliate him again next week.

There seems to be widespread agreement that the match was evenly balanced for an hour before City "overpowered" Bayern, but few analysts have tried to explain how and why the Germans went from a team comfortable in possession which carried menace in their play to a defensive shambles which always looked likely to concede and rarely, if at all, threatened. The best, and just about the only, analysis is that provided by Michael Brown, Nedum and Steph Houghton after the match. For them the key was the replacement of KdB by Julien Alvarez, an attacking midfielder by a striker, who played as such. This strengthened our press, giving us four to press their back four and two minutes later Upamecano was pressed into the serious mistake which led to our second. City pressure provoked a defensive disintegration which ended Bayern's match as an attacking force and disrupted them as a unit. Both Michael and Nedum agreed that Pep also saw this as a defensive substitution ... by bringing on a striker! We've often said that Pep doesn't see football in the same way as others do and this shows how he can change the face of a match by one substitution. As the two pointed out, though, when it doesn't work Pep is accused of "overthinking" and "tinkering". Most likely he is simply a football genius!
Craig Burley was extolling the virtues of our young Argentine on the ESPN summary too. Nedum was also part of the panel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.