BBC bias

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by scousemanc, 27 Jul 2018.

1. Pigeonho

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
    We are included in it though....
    If they’d come up with something that excludes us as though to brush our achievement under the carpet, fair enough. We are last on the list though as having won it most recently - in style - so maybe they’re just reiterating our achievement over the past achievements of the other clubs?

We do need to retain it though. For me moreso then win the CL.

2. StMark's

StMark's

Most wins: 32
    Most consecutive wins: 18
    Most away wins: 16
    Most goals: 106, surpassing Ancelotti's Chelsea
    Best goal difference: +79, beating another of Ancelotti's records
    Biggest points margin to second place: 19
    ...plus several other records

The debate is one thing, the point here is that the BBC (along with most of the media) have consistently applied the "but they have to retain it to be great" caveat to City's achievement last season, yet other teams haven't been judged by the same standard, as evidenced by this article.

Bobbyespania, karen7 and Bluep*ss like this.
  3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

And had CFC, LFC, The Arse, Haringey, or MANUre achieved the title with a few of those records it would be spinning round the loop on Sky, BBC and BT non-stop! Our title achievements last season have not been given the coverage, accolades, monuments, or column inches that other teams would have got. Thank the Yanquis for giving us Amazon.

The BBC couldn't wait to start the new season and offer but a cursory nod to what was achieved last season! Pissers-up-the-wall of license fee payers money!

Bobbyespania likes this.
  4. Eds

Eds

If we do retain it the narrative will be that we aren't that great as we didn't win 18 consecutive away games or score 200 goals along the way so last season was a fluke and should be airbrushed from history

5. BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester

They HAD to include us - no way could they leave us out but I don't buy the suggestion the BBC are reiterating our achievements. That just wouldn't be consistent.
    I do agree though that we need to retain the title and I also agree it's more important than winning the CL this season. Both would be good though.
    At least the PL won't sink to the level of UEFA in trying to stop us winning their trophy.
    Or will they ?

6. Pigeonho

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
    ;-)

7. blueju

blueju

Erasing us, I used it last week and nothing over the past week has changed

Bobbyespania likes this.
  8. Tom_mcfc

Tom_mcfc

Are you going to be one of them who claims all this and says "I don't subscribe to any of them though" I can only think you don't have sky otherwise you would have seen the countless programmes about us. 100 points club, centurion programmes, yaya programme on top of the usual season review too. Sky had lots on us, only thing I would agree on is it didn't last long but lets not forget a World Cup was then on, you know the biggest tournament in the world. That then ends and we are very close to a new season. I don't know what people want. I can't comment on BT as I don't have it, so unlike some I wont make up an opinion on something I can't.

9. The Light Was Yellow Sir

The Light Was Yellow Sir

Sorry mate, but you’re being ridiculous. Spurs or Liverpool winning a title...........

10. old blue

old blue

How patronising.

CelesteItis and Golden Silva like this.