BBC: lorry deliberately ploughs in to german christmas market

The only surprising thing about this horrific news is how long it's taken a Christmas market to be targeted.

On another point, is there a specific reason why the UK hasn't had any attacks since 07? Is our intelligence that good?

the reason we have had no attacks is that our inteligence services are pretty good and we have picked up those planning attacks before they have had chance,but like everthing else one day its going to happen, a football stadium would be a nightmare if they took in a AK45

The only surprising thing about this horrific news is how long it's taken a Christmas market to be targeted.

On another point, is there a specific reason why the UK hasn't had any attacks since 07? Is our intelligence that good?

Lee Rigby was in 2012.

Our intelligence is one of the reasons. The recent spate of terror attacks have been in the main perpetrated by people returning from Syria or who came here posing as refugees, it's far more difficult for main land Europe to control who comes in and out of your country. I think Belgium in particular were overwhelmed by the amount of returning jihadis and didn't do a good enough job of keeping track of them, or in my opinion arresting them and locking them up for good.

France is complex, there will be terror in France for years because of the way society is over there. Not that I am using this as an excuse for murdering innocent people but opportunities and investment in ghettos populated by mainly north African Muslims is shocking, it's a breeding ground for terrorists. We don't have as big a problem here thankfully.

Oh fuck off.

And by saying you never believe whatever is reported, you just confirm you're a fucking lunatic.

Didn't say I don't believe what's reported, but I believe there are people pulling the strings for these events/incidents, to further other agendas. Can't believe any person I've ever met in my life doing something like this, just a brainwashed or mind-controlled psychopath.

We have the most draconian internet snooping laws and more cctv per head of population than any other European country.

That allied to Security services honed through 40 years dealing with the IRA and a suburb border control (English channel) all help I suppose.

This is what I can't get my head around though. I thought intelligence was all based on links, so if one known suspect met anyone else, they would be linked as well and watched, but now adays any loner could just come up with the plan and carry it out, or could they?

I think that was his point mate.

Sorry SWP I am guilty of saying the Muslims, much in the same way as people refered to the Germans when we were at loggerheads with them, ie I am pretty sure those in Manchester who got bombed didnt carefully insist it was the Luftwaffe who bombed them, I have chatted at length to the pilot who flew a Vulcan and dropped a belly load of 1000 pounders on the Argies! He has never once said he dropped them on the invading Junta...however I do take your point and will ensure that I stress that the vast majority of muslims are peace loving people who want nothing to do with all this shit in future posts, but then surely that doesnt need to be said, its quite obvious isnt it?

Agree. Remind me though how many of the dozens of incidents in recent years involved Hindus, Christians, Buddhist or Sikh.

This is like someone saying all football is shit based on the actions of the actions of hooligans of a particular country or club team

I don't even know where to start with this, such is the idiocy and lack of thought it's written with.
Sure, which prevents you from answering.
Why do we say "nazis murdered millions of Jews" instead of saying "some nazis" or "nazi terrorists"
After all 99.99% of nazis had no involvement in those camps.

This is what I can't get my head around though. I thought intelligence was all based on links, so if one known suspect met anyone else, they would be linked as well and watched, but now adays any loner could just come up with the plan and carry it out, or could they?
Sadly I can only see it being a matter of time. Every attack like this increases the chances of some newly radicalised arsehole following suit. Half of them appear to be newly radicalised twats that drank and womanised until they got knocked back one time too many. Without religion the pricks would just kill themselves, now they see a martyrs death.

It's all so bloody depressing.

This is like someone saying all football is shit based on the actions of the actions of hooligans of a particular country or club team
Or rather trying to conceal the fact that certain clubs or countries have a problem with hooligans or racism by pretending it's a generic problem with football.

When Russian fans were on the rampage during the euros, or English fans during the 80s, did we say it was a problem with football or that only "some" fans were a problem?

Sure, which prevents you from answering.
Why do we say "nazis murdered millions of Jews" instead of saying "some nazis" or "nazi terrorists"
After all 99.99% of nazis had no involvement in those camps.
We say the Nazis as opposed to the Germans.

We say the IRA as opposed to the Catholics bombed Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.