BBC R5L tonight-chants prog Mark Radcliffe

Agreed - except it's Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis not Charlton Heston.

Best bit is that it was on telly and then used at next game. In the days of 3 channel TV I guess every away-going Blue must have watched it.

As you say Gary it was in the days of 3 channel's. Which makes it more remarkable. In one of my earlier posts regarding this I thought us Blues had watched the film on a Sunday afternoon,but I've always lived in "Granadaland" so from your research it must have been a Wednesday night I and other Blues saw it. When you're doing your next piece on the subject of chants you should highlight the coincidence of this that so many Blue's watched the film and started the "song" at the next away and of course home matches. It's one that's been going 40 years and exclusive to us.

When you're doing your next piece on the subject of chants you should highlight the coincidence of this that so many Blue's watched the film and started the "song" at the next away and of course home matches. It's one that's been going 40 years and exclusive to us.

I wrote it yesterday and said exactly that (though limited word count so had to keep it brief). This is what I love about our exclusive chants. Anyone can sing 'We hate Nottm Forest..." (even then we change the teams) but when we come up with other stuff it makes us a bit more special. I wish I had 5 programme issues to do the chant/song piece as I've only touched on the stories. I've focused on team related chants not player too.

My final time at Maine Rd was for a under 17's match between us & Leeds, think it was for the national championship, anyway similar to the first team we lost and as I was standing at the top of the grandstand looking down with memories flashing through my mind the Leeds lads were being presented with the trophy on the field to the sound of Teenage Dirtbag from the speakers.

At least I left for the last time with a chuckle (vocal not raggy).

Not sure now why I've posted this in this thread but meh.

Yes, also used for wanky wanderers chant.

I think this one was used for 'we don't carry hatchets'.

Doesn't seem so appropriate now after watching that video.

We don't carry razors, we don't carry lead, we only carry hatchets to bury in your heads, we are loyal supporters,fanatics everyone, we hate man united and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds

I am just playing a Kinks compilation CD and Dead End Street has just come on .
When I was about 12 (1968) we used to sing-"What are we living for, to see United in Division 4".
I used to love how some fans came up with new football related songs cloned from contempary pop songs of the time.
i.e. Hey Jude,Sha La Lee, Lily The Pink etc.

I was at Norwich in October 1976 and can confirm the Vikings tune was belted out on the terraces behind the goal where if I remember correctly Royle and Kidd scored from distance.

always love singing the john bond song

john bond we love you john bond we do
Though you may be over there we still think of you
and one day when we are champions will look back and say
theirs know one quite like john bond he has helped us on our way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.