Bbc receptions since retune

I can't get BBC1, BBC2, BBC4 or BBC News or Parliament and I never had a single problem before we went digital. Yet another con to make us all fork out for new equipment.

I can't get BBC1, BBC2, BBC4 or BBC News or Parliament and I never had a single problem before we went digital. Yet another con to make us all fork out for new equipment.
They're moving all the channels to a narrower set of frequencies so it doesn't interfere with 5G but I reckon quite a few will need new aerials to keep everything as they're doing more channel moves in April with potentially bigger impact.

Those you mentioned are all in the same channel group (MUX) via Winter Hill and did move on the 20th Feb (from Ch50 to Ch32 although I can pick up duplicate copies of the channels from both these so maybe Ch50 is still broadcasting). Ch32 is the lowest channel number frequency currently in use and ideally needs a group A aerial (Ch21-37) but other aerial types may pick them up. If you have a C/D aerial (Ch48-68) that may be why yours have gone. Before 2018 a C/D aerial would have been ideal as the range for all channels from Winter Hill was Ch49-62. Another MUX was moved to Ch37 in 2018 and I had those channels but have now lost those since last week. (Which I don't understand because I can tune into those on Ch32). The annoying thing is the changes due in April move 4 more channel groups into the range Ch29-35 (from the range Ch49-59). No idea what I'll get when that happens.

They're moving all the channels to a narrower set of frequencies so it doesn't interfere with 5G but I reckon quite a few will need new aerials to keep everything as they're doing more channel moves in April with potentially bigger impact.

Those you mentioned are all in the same channel group (MUX) via Winter Hill and did move on the 20th Feb (from Ch50 to Ch32 although I can pick up duplicate copies of the channels from both these so maybe Ch50 is still broadcasting). Ch32 is the lowest channel number frequency currently in use and ideally needs a group A aerial (Ch21-37) but other aerial types may pick them up. If you have a C/D aerial (Ch48-68) that may be why yours have gone. Before 2018 a C/D aerial would have been ideal as the range for all channels from Winter Hill was Ch49-62. Another MUX was moved to Ch37 in 2018 and I had those channels but have now lost those since last week. (Which I don't understand because I can tune into those on Ch32). The annoying thing is the changes due in April move 4 more channel groups into the range Ch29-35 (from the range Ch49-59). No idea what I'll get when that happens.

I think it's my aerial, so that will be a cost. Annoying really as there was nowt wrong with it before the change.

I think it's my aerial, so that will be a cost. Annoying really as there was nowt wrong with it before the change.
Strangely, my missing channels all returned after a day or two. My loft aerial is nothing special, probably about 30 years old and according to the spec I shouldn't receive anything from 2 of the muxes using it but I do. It's essentially a glorified coat-hanger and the cabling to the second tv is just screwed in and consists of loads of 2M tv leads connected together. I do have line of sight to Winter Hill though and hoping when they switch the last lot of channels I can still get them. Mind you a new aerial in the loft is probably only about £30.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.