Bbc receptions since retune

They're moving all the channels to a narrower set of frequencies so it doesn't interfere with 5G but I reckon quite a few will need new aerials to keep everything as they're doing more channel moves in April with potentially bigger impact.

Those you mentioned are all in the same channel group (MUX) via Winter Hill and did move on the 20th Feb (from Ch50 to Ch32 although I can pick up duplicate copies of the channels from both these so maybe Ch50 is still broadcasting). Ch32 is the lowest channel number frequency currently in use and ideally needs a group A aerial (Ch21-37) but other aerial types may pick them up. If you have a C/D aerial (Ch48-68) that may be why yours have gone. Before 2018 a C/D aerial would have been ideal as the range for all channels from Winter Hill was Ch49-62. Another MUX was moved to Ch37 in 2018 and I had those channels but have now lost those since last week. (Which I don't understand because I can tune into those on Ch32). The annoying thing is the changes due in April move 4 more channel groups into the range Ch29-35 (from the range Ch49-59). No idea what I'll get when that happens.

By that then, am I best waiting until after April to get a new aerial?

By that then, am I best waiting until after April to get a new aerial?
Depends on a few things. If you've already lost some channels then it's worth getting someone in to check your aerial and cabling now. There's also a Freeview helpline that could advise.

Depends on a few things. If you've already lost some channels then it's worth getting someone in to check your aerial and cabling now. There's also a Freeview helpline that could advise.

Put the telly on this morning and yet another message saying words to the effect that if I have lost BBC1 and still not got it, I may lose other channels as there's another retune that's happening soon. I thinks it's disgusting, I really do.

Put the telly on this morning and yet another message saying words to the effect that if I have lost BBC1 and still not got it, I may lose other channels as there's another retune that's happening soon. I thinks it's disgusting, I really do.
How old is your aerial and cabling? Is your aerial in the loft? Also how far are you from the transmitter and do you have more than one transmitter option?

How old is your aerial and cabling? Is your aerial in the loft? Also how far are you from the transmitter and do you have more than one transmitter option?

Aerial is only a few years old and it's on the roof. I live near the airport. I think we use Winter Hill?

Aerial is only a few years old and it's on the roof. I live near the airport. I think we use Winter Hill?
Interesting. If the aerial was professionally installed in recent years it will unlikely be a problem with that or the cabling because these changes have been planned for many years. Are you using a TV or set top box? My mother lost some channels in a change last year because her TV is over 10 years old but they weren't important channels to her. I'll have to check her TV again.

Some info here about what's happening ... https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/north-west-retune-freeview-apologises.html

Yet again another upgrade has meant I've lost lot and of channels. BBC1 & 2 are ok it then jumps to channel 7. I think I have a total of about 10 channels now after retuning. Does anyone know what these new set of frequency numbers are for Winter Hill Manchester area are?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.