Bbc receptions since retune

Yet again another upgrade has meant I've lost lot and of channels. BBC1 & 2 are ok it then jumps to channel 7. I think I have a total of about 10 channels now after retuning. Does anyone know what these new set of frequency numbers are for Winter Hill Manchester area are?
I believe these are the last set of changes planned. There's certainly no duplicated channels now when re-tuning, and the total channel count should be around 177 (was over 200 before this week). This change was due in March but got postponed because of Covid.

Different TVs and set top boxes handle retunes differently and if you've got BBC1 and 2 (which just moved) then I am erring on the side that your aerial is okay. When you retune, what's your channel (services) count at the end? Has your tv or box just re-arranged the channels strangely?

Further to above, I have found this site which seems to have updated the latest frequencies ...

Ch29, 31, 32, 34, 35, 37 are the main frequencies. the range 49 to 60 is being cleared for 5G services so I think the MUX on Ch55 will be switched off eventually.

Thanks for your help. Not sure what you mean by MUX though:) I've put most of these channels in but 31 and 35 aren't taking for some reason. It may be that I'll have to contact freeview themselves.

Thanks for your help. Not sure what you mean by MUX though:) I've put most of these channels in but 31 and 35 aren't taking for some reason. It may be that I'll have to contact freeview themselves.
Sorry MUX = multiplex. It's just shorthand to describe a group of channels broadcasting on the same channel frequency from a transmitter.

Have a look at this list and see if you can tell which MUX(es) is missing ...

Sorry MUX = multiplex. It's just shorthand to describe a group of channels broadcasting on the same channel frequency from a transmitter.

Have a look at this list and see if you can tell which MUX(es) is missing ...

Thanks, that's really complicated to me:( I gave freeview a call, may as not bothered. I think I will have to contact an aerial bloke near me;-/ Again, thanks for your help.

The UK frequency bandplan is becoming more and more congested. They are constantly trying to squeeze more and more channels of high data rate signals into something which is bound by the laws of physics. Something has to give eventually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.