BBC: Sarri leaves Chelsea for Juventus. £5m compensation fee agreed.

Kind of sad to see a good manager leave the Premier League... I feel like the only threat to another domestic title will again come from Liverpool and the rest will be left far behind trailing for 3rd or 4th place. As much as I like titles, a good race makes it even more enjoyable in my opinion.

Serie A looks weird as well : Conte at Inter, Sarri at Juve, Ancelotti at Napoli. Just give Mou a job at AC Milan or AS Roma and you are in a parallel world !

11h9hk0.jpg

Lamps has been papped preparing to take over....

Kind of sad to see a good manager leave the Premier League... I feel like the only threat to another domestic title will again come from Liverpool and the rest will be left far behind trailing for 3rd or 4th place. As much as I like titles, a good race makes it even more enjoyable in my opinion.

Serie A looks weird as well : Conte at Inter, Sarri at Juve, Ancelotti at Napoli. Just give Mou a job at AC Milan or AS Roma and you are in a parallel world !

As a Juve supporter, I'm really worried about Conte at Inter. I don't think they'll go far in the CL but he'll be a big threat for the Serie A title.
The funniest outcome would have been Conte at Inter and Mou with us, with both fanbases seething. I'll admit Sarri with us is a close second though.

As for the PL, I've always wondered why you can't seem to produce a top English manager. Foreign managers have been good for your league though, they brought new ideas and a better tactical mastery.
If he does go to Chelsea, I hope Lampard is strong enough to grow into a good manager and Abramovich has the patience to make an exception for him and let him grow without expecting immediate results.

Abramovich has the patience to make an exception for him and let him grow without expecting immediate results.

This has been their problem since Rasputin took over the club - he wants results yesterday, and if he doesn't get them he hires someone else. Long-term stability is what the club lacks, not the here-today-gone-tomorrow attitude that seems to have been prevalent since the Russian takeover.

This has been their problem since Rasputin took over the club - he wants results yesterday, and if he doesn't get them he hires someone else. Long-term stability is what the club lacks, not the here-today-gone-tomorrow attitude that seems to have been prevalent since the Russian takeover.

I mean, it did produce some results with the right kind of managers, the ones who feel like they're pushed forward by this kind of pressure.
Once you are going through a worse period you may have to settle for a less experienced coach though, and then the only thing you can do if you want to win something in the future is wait.
Not to mention that this continuous change of coach has been detrimental for the development of the actual members of the team you know, the players.

As a Juve supporter, I'm really worried about Conte at Inter. I don't think they'll go far in the CL but he'll be a big threat for the Serie A title.
The funniest outcome would have been Conte at Inter and Mou with us, with both fanbases seething. I'll admit Sarri with us is a close second though.

As for the PL, I've always wondered why you can't seem to produce a top English manager. Foreign managers have been good for your league though, they brought new ideas and a better tactical mastery.
If he does go to Chelsea, I hope Lampard is strong enough to grow into a good manager and Abramovich has the patience to make an exception for him and let him grow without expecting immediate results.

I think Conte and Inter are very serious about having a Serie A title brought back in Milan. Honestly I don't think Sarri at Juve is a good match but we will see. It seems odd that after all these years of Allegrism, Agnelli decides to go against Juve's tradition and picks a guy who wears tracksuits on the bench and who's more concerned about playstyle than results.

I think Conte and Inter are very serious about having a Serie A title brought back in Milan. Honestly I don't think Sarri at Juve is a good match but we will see. It seems odd that after all these years of Allegrism, Agnelli decides to go against Juve's tradition and picks a guy who wears tracksuits on the bench and who's more concerned about playstyle than results.

100% agree.
It's not just his persona, he also was always strongly anti-Juve in his years in Italy and to be fair he's never impressed me as a manager. I don't think he was our first choice but at the end he's what we've got, and that's what matters. I hope all this distrust from us fans translates in him actually doing well, as per the karmic balance in sports.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.