BBC

Question.
In the UK if you had no TV antenna, therefore unable to get BBC and only watched Netflix etc, do you still need a licence ?
Nah, it'd only apply if you watch BBC IPlayer service or anything live, regardless what channel/service.

I’m banned from posting in it :-(

I've been banned for about 3 weeks now from the Liverpool thread..

I don't know if I'm banned forever from the thread, I'm sure I'll get over it..

I don't bother with it now but just checked and yes, still banned..

I've never been banned from anywhere in my life before, I wasn't even too outspoken in my opinion before being terminated..!

Shame, I won't get the chance to wish them all the best on their once in a generation title win now..!

I've been banned for about 3 weeks now from the Liverpool thread..

I don't know if I'm banned forever from the thread, I'm sure I'll get over it..

I don't bother with it now but just checked and yes, still banned..

I've never been banned from anywhere in my life before, I wasn't even too outspoken in my opinion before being terminated..!

Shame, I won't get the chance to wish them all the best on their once in a generation title win now..!
I'm banned too I'm beginning to think uefa sorry I mean mods want a closed shop.

I was renovating a house, took me 2 years. When the licence fee ‘demand’ came through I filled in the docs stating that I didn’t need one as no receiving equipment on the premises, sure enough I got the under investigation envelope every six months. I was hoping that they’d come round and trip over the extension lead to the tool plugged into the single working socket next to the fuse box or fall through the gaps in the missing floorboards. It was tantamount to serious harassment.

Then when I eventually moved stuff in over new year to officially live there from 2nd Jan and got a licence in advance on 30th Dec I later found that the licence ran until 30th Nov as you have to pay for all of the month you are in.
If I’d have realised at the time I’d have taken my tv etc out for 3 days ‘cos I’m that unlucky that they’d have been round and looked through the bay window and seen the tv in the corner in the 3 days that I wouldn’t have had a licence.

The BBC threads are poison. We pay for that rubbish.it must stop.

Absolutely fine by me. I'd happily pay for it - its better value than any other media source - even the Sun subscription costs twice per anum than the license fee and for that you only get the Sun online.

As soon as they can develop an app or something that means non-fee payers are unable to access any BBC TV - radio local or national - online or iplayer channel and sounds and podcasts without paying your subscription thats fine. I'd like it to mean that any BBC programme repeated on DAVE and the like is just a blank screen then you don't pay you don't get to watch any of its product - that is only fair.
You can enjoy SKY News -- SKY Sports News and Talk Sport.

I think you would find your entertainment and information options very limited.

I think the BBC does an excellent job at broadcasting neutrality (the online version is anything but), but the amount of money spent criminalising people over non-payment of a licence fee is ridiculous and you can safeguard neutrality with a regulator anyway. The licence fee should go.
And how would it be funded?

watched that - nail on the head - comparing what the BBC provides with any other provider is a nonesense
Then make it a subscription service and if you want it, you can pay for it and for those who don't find any value from it, be free to subscribe to other services without fear of legal action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.