Be Here Now Remaster October

Going through a phase of listening to Oasis non stop at the minute.

What a band!

Remasters always seem far more polished than the original and it's never a good thing.
Agreed, especially if it's something from an era like the 60s. Mono Beatles albums are always better than stereo remasters.

As for Be Here Now, I consider it to be the start of Britpop's death. Blur's sales were falling, Pulp got weirder after Different Class and Radiohead got bored of pop rock altogether - but Be Here Now was the most anticipated album of the mid-90s and it was mostly a load of tedious, overblown wank created by two idiots who were too high to realise they'd gone too far. "All Around the World" for 9 minutes and then an extra 2 minute reprise? Get fucked.

I've always liked "Don't Go Away" though. Lovely track, that.

Every time I think of playing this album I get 2:30 minutes into track one then flick through the rest and grumble on about the curse of the third album syndrome to my mrs

Noel's remix of D'You Know What I Mean? is incredible. Shame he couldn't be arsed to do the rest of the album.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.