Beatles documentary “Get Back”

Watched the first two episodes. Some incredible footage of the band.

You can see the band starting to fall apart. I always thought John was the most disrupted at the time, mostly because of the relationship with Yoko and at that time he was heavily into drugs but it's actually George. It's looks like he just couldn't be arsed and everything he was asked to do he just said no.
George knew he would be better off going solo at this stage and had some fine songs met with cold unimpressed reaction by the others for this album... .. But to be fair, having seen the original let it be film, their disinterested reactions to his songs like all things must pass are no different to the reaction Paul gets when he first plays let it be or when john plays Across the universe.

For me this is truly amazing, watched Part 1, when besides this has a band ever been filmed actually writing and recording an album, and then playing it live ?
Peter Jackson has done an amazing job here it looks so fresh, I had a copy of the old grainy film which was never officially released, only in cinema's and this is completely different.
From the trailer it looks like it will be more "fun" when they leave the film studio , depressing place to be creative.
They seem to be pretending Yoko isnt there...

I noticed they played "Wont You Please Say Goodbye" great song they never recorded, pity they never worked on it.

Halfway through episode 2 and it's brilliant to watch. You can see the band sparkle when Billy Preston joins them but throughout the film you can see that they all need to leave and stretch their wings. McCartney welling up with tears when they're discussing the possible end was strangely emotional. Highlight so far for me, John discussing set design whilst behind him, with noone taking any interest, is McCartney laying down the start of let it be.

For me this is truly amazing, watched Part 1, when besides this has a band ever been filmed actually writing and recording an album, and then playing it live ?
Peter Jackson has done an amazing job here it looks so fresh, I had a copy of the old grainy film which was never officially released, only in cinema's and this is completely different.
From the trailer it looks like it will be more "fun" when they leave the film studio , depressing place to be creative.
They seem to be pretending Yoko isnt there...

I noticed they played "Wont You Please Say Goodbye" great song they never recorded, pity they never worked on it.

I watched the first 90 mins of episode 1 last night and loved it. As others have said the most amazing moment is when Paul starts strumming and suddenly you are witnessing the birth of Get Back. It was interesting watching their interactions, so far George comes over well, John is spaced out and Paul is a passive aggressive bully, particularly with George. Ringo is, just well Ringo and I still cant listen to anything he ever wrote/sang. Jackson has done an amazing job and it all looks like it was recorded yesterday except it wasn't. It was recorded in a far more optimistic time than the one we are living in.

Paul’s song writing ability for that album was amazing. The part where he comes up with Get Back in particular

I me mine by George Harrison - really interesting to see how he came up with that

only watched the first episode, but it looks like most of them didn’t want to be there

Going to watch it later, as much as I love the Beatles and looking forward to it but seems like a slog at 3hrs per episode.

Incredible they considered the month they spent doing this 'unproductive' when they seemed to write not only the songs for this album, but also the majority of Abbey road and a load of songs that were still being released on solo albums as far as 1973 (all things must pass, jealous guy, back seat of my car, gimme some truth, mind games etc etc)
Fucking hell - 9 hours!?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.