Beckham could be out of the world cup... thank god...

Sky Blue said:
Great news, made my night.

Be nice to hear and read about a World Cup tournament without his name being mentioned ad finitum a blessed relief.

mackenzie said:
Sky Blue said:
Great news, made my night.

Be nice to hear and read about a World Cup tournament without his name being mentioned ad finitum a blessed relief.

We might have to put up with him as a pundit though, so not all good.

article-1257934-08B80A21000005DC-967_468x426.jpg

just coming in that tomorrow has been announced as the National Mourning day in England. Everyone will be wearing black armbands and all government schools and offices have been closed.

FFS sky sports news are runing this as their only story! and just said he might still go to the world cup in an advisory role!

Expect a big week of mourning.

Expect minutes silence at all english league games next weekend.

Expect Gordon Brown to comment in the morning!

I fuckin hate the prick, and Im glad he aint going. Maybe Johnson could be in with a shout

Sky Blue said:
mackenzie said:

We might have to put up with him as a pundit though, so not all good.

Don't be silly. Pundits aren't paid for showing their tackle in their undies, they are paid to talk.

Blue Mist said:
larderland said:
sad to hear it tho,he does love the country

Strange quote unless it is laden with sarcasm. I too love my country but I am not an overhyped prima donna living on past glories and a media circus.
If uninjured and he were to go to the World Cup it would be a sad indicment of our game and the media obsessed state of our country.

I would not normally welcome any player picking up an injury but if it is true I will raise a glass and say "well at least now we have a chance"

I wondered that too. After all, he loves his country so much he lives in America, Italy, well anywhere really apart from here - a bit like Lord Cashcroft.

We can now look forward instead to hysterical shrieks of "Rooneeeeeeeeeeeey" then every few days from men old enough to know better.

It will give us a chance to all rub a picture of his foot again like we did before the 2002 world cup.

No Beckham, No Lennon only leaves SWP, Walcott, Johnson and Downing as the wingers.

Love this from the Daily Mail

Clarence Seedorf found it hard to celebrate his match-winning strike knowing that Beckham could have a long injury lay-off.

Yeah course, a Dutch man found it hard scoring a 92nd minute winner to send them 1 point behind their City rivals in the title race because of an Englishman's injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.