Beer

There's still a culture of football fans who consider 6 pints before the game and a couple at half time as the way forward. The same sort of people who can't go 90 minutes without a ciggie.

So? That's their choice. The whole social experience for them.

They might consider what you do boring but that is your choice.

I only seen trouble when so called do gooders put their oar in telling the youngsters to calm down. Keep out of their way and all will be fine.

So? That's their choice. The whole social experience for them.

They might consider what you do boring but that is your choice.

I only seen trouble when so called do gooders put their oar in telling the youngsters to calm down. Keep out of their way and all will be fine.

The days of having a few before, during and after are long gone. More's the pity. The authorities, and the clubs, have been steering supporters away from that and instead want you to spend your money on official and sponsors stuff. Come to the fan zone. Make queues in the ground just long enough to order 1 beer. It's all aimed at a match day experience at the ground. Not at a local pub.

Things need to change. It's so backwards it's unbelievable. I had a free ticket to watch Salford reds rugby last year. I was a great feeling walking through the turnstiles with a pint in hand. I also think it will help with the
Halftime joke of a drinks rush.

I go to the rugby and it’s a gigantic fucking pain in the neck having people getting up and down and up and down going to the bar every few minutes. Bringing back pints, spilling them all over your shoes, getting in the way when something big is happening...

Leave it how it is I say and I’m someone who says the match is only about 10% of the day out on a match day with the other 90% being about the piss up

Also, at the World Cup you cannot buy alcohol anywhere other than fan parks and in the ground. Can’t go to a pub/bar and go on the piss

I go to the rugby and it’s a gigantic fucking pain in the neck having people getting up and down and up and down going to the bar every few minutes. Bringing back pints, spilling them all over your shoes, getting in the way when something big is happening...

Leave it how it is I say and I’m someone who says the match is only about 10% of the day out on a match day with the other 90% being about the piss up

Also, at the World Cup you cannot buy alcohol anywhere other than fan parks and in the ground. Can’t go to a pub/bar and go on the piss

Is that right? The pubs aren't serving?

It's gonna take a while but I think this will be the next thing on the agenda once safe standing gets the go ahead.

Think it will be 5-10 years before anything happens though.

Having been to St Petersburg for Iran v Morocco and Moscow for Argentina v Iceland and Germany v Mexico I can 100% confirm this is not true. Alcohol was on sale everywhere I went, and I had the hangovers to prove it.

I believe Budweiser threatened to sue and FIFA presured Russia so they did a U-turn on that idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.