Beer

We're so backwards in this country, we get treated like shite, and allow it.

I've been out to Verona a few times and it's fkn great to stand in the curva sud there with a beer in hand.

Us hammers fans fighting among ourselves last season , too many thick idiots go football games and can’t handle their beer - ruins it for majority of real fans

You should be able to take A beer to your seat. But that's it, just one per person.
Bar closes 5 minutes after the game starts and opens again five minutes before half time. Same for the second half. No one with a tray full allowed into the stand
Two beers (one drunk at half time and one taken to the seat) isn't going to cause anyone to riot and if they do cause any alcohol related aggro, it should be a season long ban

Having been to St Petersburg for Iran v Morocco and Moscow for Argentina v Iceland and Germany v Mexico I can 100% confirm this is not true. Alcohol was on sale everywhere I went, and I had the hangovers to prove it.

I believe Budweiser threatened to sue and FIFA presured Russia so they did a U-turn on that idea.
Remember hearing the same with the World Cup in Brazil , ie beer was banned in the stadiums , but FIFA forced them to change their laws to allow beer to be sold in the stadiums. Would be interesting to see what would happen if England/Britain ever got the World Cup again ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.