Being Frank: The Chris Sievey story

Really interesting watch - was going to say enjoyable but that's not the correct word

Clearly very talented and innovative, but must have been a nightmare to live with

Thought his kids and especially ex-wife came across well

Very sad that his youngest son lost his life so tragically

Amazon Prime in the US have had it on since the release. I’ve watched it four times already, it’s an extraordinarily well-done film. It leaves a lump in the throat every time.
I was living just outside NYC when Frank played there. I was all geared to go, but life got in the way at the last minute and I never went. Thinking ‘oh, I’m sure I’ll catch him again sometime’. A few months later he died. Always kick myself for that.

When I was still living in Leipzig, the local Irish pub flew him over for a gig. All the ex-pats headed down, me in my City shirt. We had a top night with him and plenty of old City stories were regaled.
Such a shock when he passed away a few months later.

I'm very late to the party watching this but only viewed it for the first time last night on Sky. I read his book "being Frank" about 5 years a go. A lot of the content was shared in the documentary. Never really followed Frank, his shows/appearances were a bit before my time. I have vague memories in the 90s of him featuring in the city programmes etc but that's it. That said, I'm very intrigued by Chris/Frank, I think he had one fascinating life.

I thought it was a interesting watch, his family all came across well and no doubt he put them through an emotional roller coaster with various antics.

It seemed he had amazing resilience and drive when he was younger, wouldn't let anything knock him down when he was pushing "The Freshies". Wouldn't have been a fan of the band, may have progressed if it wasn't Chris dominant and centrerd so much around the Beatles. Frank was created as a Freshies super fan which Chris decided to evolve and became his main focus. I think at first maybe Chris was glad that the act was gaining fame and momentum (if there was any that exceeded that of the Freshies). As the act progressed, you could definitely sense his frustration that Frank's fame/career took off and Chris' Freshies career didn't follow the route Chris had maybe envisioned. I think he vented his frustration and channeled it using Frank which contributed to his daft (on occasion funny) character, who knows?

A documentary can't sum up or portray one person's life, but still an enjoyable watch.

I'm well behind the curve on this one but brilliantly put together and a really interesting watch (obviously with some great hilarity and sadness).

Very talented over numerous disciplines.............

I'm very late to the party watching this but only viewed it for the first time last night on Sky. I read his book "being Frank" about 5 years a go. A lot of the content was shared in the documentary. Never really followed Frank, his shows/appearances were a bit before my time. I have vague memories in the 90s of him featuring in the city programmes etc but that's it. That said, I'm very intrigued by Chris/Frank, I think he had one fascinating life.

I thought it was a interesting watch, his family all came across well and no doubt he put them through an emotional roller coaster with various antics.

It seemed he had amazing resilience and drive when he was younger, wouldn't let anything knock him down when he was pushing "The Freshies". Wouldn't have been a fan of the band, may have progressed if it wasn't Chris dominant and centrerd so much around the Beatles. Frank was created as a Freshies super fan which Chris decided to evolve and became his main focus. I think at first maybe Chris was glad that the act was gaining fame and momentum (if there was any that exceeded that of the Freshies). As the act progressed, you could definitely sense his frustration that Frank's fame/career took off and Chris' Freshies career didn't follow the route Chris had maybe envisioned. I think he vented his frustration and channeled it using Frank which contributed to his daft (on occasion funny) character, who knows?

A documentary can't sum up or portray one person's life, but still an enjoyable watch.
That isnt Chris's book (Being Frank) but a book based around the film of the same title (dont watch it, nothing like Frank other than he has the same head and speaks withba Yank accent).

Chris / Frank's official biography is " Out of his head" by Mick Middles who knew Chris personally for many years. Well worth a read.

That isnt Chris's book (Being Frank) but a book based around the film of the same title (dont watch it, nothing like Frank other than he has the same head and speaks withba Yank accent).

Chris / Frank's official biography is " Out of his head" by Mick Middles who knew Chris personally for many years. Well worth a read.

Apologies, completely my bad. Not sure what I was smoking at the time. You are correct, it's the Mick Middles book I read and must have been 6 years a go. I left that book at an ex's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.