Believe it or not

Bombo

Believe it or not, like it or not the rags beat Arsenal away and spuds away when the pressure was on them. We have failed to beat Swansea away today, it's still in our hands but will we beat arsenal away I hope so, but if we don't we will have to admit the dirty rags didit when the pressure was on and we did not.
Who's got the best team and players is irrelevant we have gone to bits away from home, there are lots of reasons in my opinion, mancini's, slow slow quick quick slow approach to the game doesn't help, neither does not having decent defensive cover for injuries, or starting with de Jong and Barry together in midfield which slows our game to a snails pace.
Forget the refs, the FA, the media if we don't win the title we weren't good enough everyone plays each other twice, everton, Sunderland, west brom and Swansea away are as important a games as rags, chelski, red dippers, spuds and arsenal until we realise this we will not win the premier league.
Bacon face has Vidic out but brings in players he has blooded slowly over a few seasons like evans we had to use Savic a premier league rookie which makes the sale of nedum baffling to me. This whole EDS thing seems like a bit of a joke they are all really young players nowhere near ready for first team action. There appears to be a big gap between the EDS players 17/18 year olds to the first team 21 plus. Where are the 19-21 year olds who could step up to the first team after years of development this seems to be a lost generation that our club lacks.

The rags operate like a machine they never change when one player is out another comes in and you can't really see a difference, we unfortunately appear to be unable to cope with the loss of one or two of our key players. We may have better individuals but are way off in organisation and squad balance in my humble opinion which looks like costing us.

Good post and I agree with it all but still think they get the rub of the green in the vital games when they need it and it tips the balance in their favour. Alex Ferguson seems to be worshipped in the media and I think referees feel a pressure to side with him and that is massive in any title race.

We have to break their stranglehold both on and off the field.

You're right remember the rags have been blending players in for a long time they sadly know how to do it. They have let games go due to a few frailties with the youngsters but there ship is steadying now and Fergies next team is coming together. Its probably been a good thing for them that Vidic is out as the other players have to make the step up and they obviously have as they have maintained the challenge. Sadly Savic has had it all to put up with and was probably hoping to be slotted in slowly instead of being thrown in he has done his best and made mistakes sadly its to be expected. If they win the league then fair enough they did it like you said when they had do regardless. But play again next year with lessons learnt if that's the case.

Don't like the way the young players are all loaned out or sold. We need home grown players to call upon and bring through

Develop them through putting them on the bench and giving them 20 mins when we're winning at home. Nearly every home game has been a training ground exercise in the last 20 mins

Too much short term thinking.

Bombo said:
Believe it or not, like it or not the rags beat Arsenal away and spuds away when the pressure was on them. We have failed to beat Swansea away today, it's still in our hands but will we beat arsenal away I hope so, but if we don't we will have to admit the dirty rags didit when the pressure was on and we did not.
Who's got the best team and players is irrelevant we have gone to bits away from home, there are lots of reasons in my opinion, mancini's, slow slow quick quick slow approach to the game doesn't help, neither does not having decent defensive cover for injuries, or starting with de Jong and Barry together in midfield which slows our game to a snails pace.
Forget the refs, the FA, the media if we don't win the title we weren't good enough everyone plays each other twice, everton, Sunderland, west brom and Swansea away are as important a games as rags, chelski, red dippers, spuds and arsenal until we realise this we will not win the premier league.
Bacon face has Vidic out but brings in players he has blooded slowly over a few seasons like evans we had to use Savic a premier league rookie which makes the sale of nedum baffling to me. This whole EDS thing seems like a bit of a joke they are all really young players nowhere near ready for first team action. There appears to be a big gap between the EDS players 17/18 year olds to the first team 21 plus. Where are the 19-21 year olds who could step up to the first team after years of development this seems to be a lost generation that our club lacks.

The rags operate like a machine they never change when one player is out another comes in and you can't really see a difference, we unfortunately appear to be unable to cope with the loss of one or two of our key players. We may have better individuals but are way off in organisation and squad balance in my humble opinion which looks like costing us.

The Rags played Arsenal and Chelsea during the ACON, meaning Song, Gervinho, Drogba and Kalou were all out and some of these players (Song and Drogba) are arguably irreplaceable within their respective sides. Is it just coincidence that these fixtures were just "randomly" scheduled for around the time of the tournament? I find it a little hard to believe myself, and the F.A (or whoever does the scheduling) would of known that the Ivory Coast stood a great chance of reaching the finals and would therefore "free-up" a number of weekends to allocate the rag's games against the understrength sides.

Every little helps...

The Rags played Arsenal and Chelsea during the ACON, meaning Song, Gervinho, Drogba and Kalou were all out and some of these players (Song and Drogba) are arguably irreplaceable within their respective sides. Is it just coincidence that these fixtures were just "randomly" scheduled for around the time of the tournament? I find it a little hard to believe myself, and the F.A (or whoever does the scheduling) would of known that the Ivory Coast stood a great chance of reaching the finals and would therefore "free-up" a number of weekends to allocate the rag's games against the understrength sides.

Every little helps...

Jesus, give it a rest.

Pingu the Penguin said:

Every little helps...

Jesus, give it a rest.

A slightly more rational suggestion to the normal "the refs are bent" blah blah blah wouldn't you agree? I'm not saying there is an agenda, all i'm suggesting is that this would be a perfect way to help out the rags if the powers above deemed it necessary.

We have not had the luck that a team needs to win league, today was a case in point with micah's goal, remember sunderland's goal, offside by same margin (funny how the sky mob just brushed it under the carpet at the time. I could mentiob the blatant penalty not given against Chelsea and the one that was given against us in the same game that wasn't, the disallowed goal against WBA, I could go on. The rags have had luck in spades. The borderline decisions have been going for them this season ever since the penalty decision against nufc earlier in the season.
The op talks about mufc winning under pressure away against arsenal/spurs. Were they really under pressure in those games? A spurs side w/o Parker and bale? An arsenal side bereft of confidence who inexplicably surrendered the momentum by replacing it's best player with a fella they have now shipped out on loan? These little things have been going their way all season.
It may not be our year this year and it'll be hard to take but the point I am making is that with a bit of luck we could have been coasting 6 or 7 points ahead. So if it doesn't happen this year let's all stay positive. Most importantly the club must stick with bobby. This is his side and the likes of mourinho would want to spend fortunes we can't afford to spend overhauling the current team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.