Believe it or not

Think we have to ask ourselves, if we were 5 points behind the rags with a game in hand, would we win our game in hand comfortably to narrow the points gap? The games such as spurs away and Norwich away for the rags in those circumstances? I don't think so

jaigurugoat said:
We have not had the luck that a team needs to win league, today was a case in point with micah's goal, remember sunderland's goal, offside by same margin (funny how the sky mob just brushed it under the carpet at the time. I could mentiob the blatant penalty not given against Chelsea and the one that was given against us in the same game that wasn't, the disallowed goal against WBA, I could go on. The rags have had luck in spades. The borderline decisions have been going for them this season ever since the penalty decision against nufc earlier in the season.
The op talks about mufc winning under pressure away against arsenal/spurs. Were they really under pressure in those games? A spurs side w/o Parker and bale? An arsenal side bereft of confidence who inexplicably surrendered the momentum by replacing it's best player with a fella they have now shipped out on loan? These little things have been going their way all season.
It may not be our year this year and it'll be hard to take but the point I am making is that with a bit of luck we could have been coasting 6 or 7 points ahead. So if it doesn't happen this year let's all stay positive. Most importantly the club must stick with bobby. This is his side and the likes of mourinho would want to spend fortunes we can't afford to spend overhauling the current team.

Whereas the likes of Martin O'Neill would get the best out of our existing squad instead.
We have the players already. We just need management skills.

it's quite simple, Rags have 2 quick wingers who they can just give the ball, 95% of the fullbacks will be slower and all it takes is a few balls pinging in and the defensive line goes 5 yards deeper, thus leaving space in front, which is where our creative players are being crowded out/starved of the ball.

How many times do the rags ping it in from wide, it takes a deflection or 2 and Rooney stabs it in, it happens all the time because they stretch the defence and put bodies in the box.

If we had 2 proper wingers, we'd have a plan b, and I think we'd be clear at the top because we'd have got goals, goals we don't get away.

you can have all the skill in the world, the one thing that terrifies defenders is genuine pace, because they can't deal with it unless they're quick, and centre backs aren't notoriously quick, and the quick full backs generally are too attack minded and leave defensive weakness.

Rags aren't better than us, we've proved that by stuffing them 6-1, what they are is far more effective against the other 18 teams in the league, and it's simple stuff.

remoh said:
jaigurugoat said:
It may not be our year this year and it'll be hard to take but the point I am making is that with a bit of luck we could have been coasting 6 or 7 points ahead. So if it doesn't happen this year let's all stay positive. Most importantly the club must stick with bobby. This is his side and the likes of mourinho would want to spend fortunes we can't afford to spend overhauling the current team.

Whereas the likes of Martin O'Neill would get the best out of our existing squad instead.
We have the players already. We just need management skills.

Martin O'Neill is overrated and would be a big step backwards. Mancini has made some mistakes (signing Nasri being a big one IMO) but he is still the best man for the job even if we don't win the league this year.

Funny how the op forgot to mention us beating the rags 6-1 and tottenham away 5-1, fuck me, we lost a game. There's 10 more left, when was the last time a premier league team won 10 in a row?

Face it the caught Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal at the right time

Spurs being down after fooking up big time in the Noth london derby

Chelsea while there best CB was out

Arsenal when it was the right time to play them when frankly they where having a poor time of it and throw in Wegner taking there most dangerous player off and throwing that clown from Russia on who failed to track his man who went on to score a winner.

United have been very fortunate had they beaten all 3 teams at there peak fair enough but they didn't

Bombo said:
Believe it or not, like it or not the rags beat Arsenal away and spuds away when the pressure was on them. We have failed to beat Swansea away today, it's still in our hands but will we beat arsenal away I hope so, but if we don't we will have to admit the dirty rags didit when the pressure was on and we did not.
Who's got the best team and players is irrelevant we have gone to bits away from home, there are lots of reasons in my opinion, mancini's, slow slow quick quick slow approach to the game doesn't help, neither does not having decent defensive cover for injuries, or starting with de Jong and Barry together in midfield which slows our game to a snails pace.
Forget the refs, the FA, the media if we don't win the title we weren't good enough everyone plays each other twice, everton, Sunderland, west brom and Swansea away are as important a games as rags, chelski, red dippers, spuds and arsenal until we realise this we will not win the premier league.
Bacon face has Vidic out but brings in players he has blooded slowly over a few seasons like evans we had to use Savic a premier league rookie which makes the sale of nedum baffling to me. This whole EDS thing seems like a bit of a joke they are all really young players nowhere near ready for first team action. There appears to be a big gap between the EDS players 17/18 year olds to the first team 21 plus. Where are the 19-21 year olds who could step up to the first team after years of development this seems to be a lost generation that our club lacks.

The rags operate like a machine they never change when one player is out another comes in and you can't really see a difference, we unfortunately appear to be unable to cope with the loss of one or two of our key players. We may have better individuals but are way off in organisation and squad balance in my humble opinion which looks like costing us.

Sorry that is so not true.

Welbeck, Carrick, Evans, Anderson and Rafael? There are still quesion marks over De Gea.

Hernandez wouldnt even get in the Burnley team at the moment.

twinkletoes said:
Bombo said:
Believe it or not, like it or not the rags beat Arsenal away and spuds away when the pressure was on them. We have failed to beat Swansea away today, it's still in our hands but will we beat arsenal away I hope so, but if we don't we will have to admit the dirty rags didit when the pressure was on and we did not.
Who's got the best team and players is irrelevant we have gone to bits away from home, there are lots of reasons in my opinion, mancini's, slow slow quick quick slow approach to the game doesn't help, neither does not having decent defensive cover for injuries, or starting with de Jong and Barry together in midfield which slows our game to a snails pace.
Forget the refs, the FA, the media if we don't win the title we weren't good enough everyone plays each other twice, everton, Sunderland, west brom and Swansea away are as important a games as rags, chelski, red dippers, spuds and arsenal until we realise this we will not win the premier league.
Bacon face has Vidic out but brings in players he has blooded slowly over a few seasons like evans we had to use Savic a premier league rookie which makes the sale of nedum baffling to me. This whole EDS thing seems like a bit of a joke they are all really young players nowhere near ready for first team action. There appears to be a big gap between the EDS players 17/18 year olds to the first team 21 plus. Where are the 19-21 year olds who could step up to the first team after years of development this seems to be a lost generation that our club lacks.

The rags operate like a machine they never change when one player is out another comes in and you can't really see a difference, we unfortunately appear to be unable to cope with the loss of one or two of our key players. We may have better individuals but are way off in organisation and squad balance in my humble opinion which looks like costing us.

Welbeck, Carrick, Evans, Anderson and Rafael? There are still quesion marks over De Gea.

So half of their first team are shit... and top of the table against the best City team in nearly 50 years!

Thank fuck the rags aren't that good otherwise we'll never catch them!

twinkletoes said:
Bombo said:

Carrick has been their best player this season, Welbeck is a good prospect, United have only lost a couple of games while Evans has played this season despite their best defender being injured, cant judge a season on mindless stereotypes

Soulboy said:
twinkletoes said:
Bombo said:

So half of their first team are shit... and top of the table against the best City team in nearly 50 years!

Thank fuck the rags aren't that good otherwise we'll never catch them!

If we had a strong Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal I think the table would be a lot different.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm --<br /><br />
fulltimepwner said:
twinkletoes said:
Bombo said:

Carrick has been their best player this season, Welbeck is a good prospect, United have only lost a couple of games while Evans has played this season despite their best defender being injured, cant judge a season on mindless stereotypes

Carrick!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.