Bellamy bust up with Marwood

robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
I think there's a fine line between a player, and, a group of players. I think if three or four of your best players, your hardest workers, feel the manager isn't getting the best out of them, then it's a major cause for concern and there can only ever be one winner. Not necessarily a bad thing either.

Frank Rijkaard lost control at Barca, and lost the support of key players in the dressing room. Similarly Scolari at Chelsea, lost the support of the key players in the dressing room. Neither club, IMO, did the wrong thing in getting rid of those managers, and neither club has since had any dressing room upheaval due to the manager.

In the modern European game, playing at the top end as we want to, we have to accept that outside of the autocracy run by Wenger and Fergie, the rest of the elite footballing world operates in the same way that City now operate. The key is finding a manager the players respect enough to run through brick walls for...I'm not sure we have that yet - and truth be told, we were closer to that when Hughes was in charge...

So they were running through brick walls for Hughes. Maybe that's why they defended so badly.

Mancini is doing quite well then considering half the team don't rate him.

If these guys can't respect a manager who as a player had more talent than any of them, and as a manager has won three scudettos then maybe they should take a look at themselves.

I was running a sweep on who would be the first ostrich to completely ignore my entire post and focus on that line. Thanks for not letting me down...

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
And if the owner thinks that star players should be choosing the manager then he is a fool. I happen to think he is not and that if Tevez, Adebayor or whoever are not happy they will be leaving.

A question, which I'm sure you'll roundly ignore as it doesn't suit your preachy, holier than thou, attitude.
If your best players aren't in a position to tell you whether a manager is good or not, then who is?

as opposed to your know it all, arrogant and aggressive, attitude.

And in answer to your question. Great players don't have to be great judges of managers.

BillyShears said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
No offence to Bellamy but he's the last person I'd listen to regarding something like this.

I said "players" as in plural. From what I'm reading in this thread, it's not ONE player who has a problem with Roberto, but a group of influential players. That's something very different, and really something quite serious...just my opinion like...

Maybe so but what if they don't like the next manager or the one after that? If this was Robinho we're talking about this thread would be 67643 pages deep of utter drivel and bile.

Not having a pop at you, you have your sources and I'm more than happy to take your word as bond on a lot of things.

You know me, I'm the last one to go off an a rant akin to 'well they earn x amount a week fuck them' but in this case I'm veering towards that line of thinking. I've worked for £6 an hour under a boss that I wouldn't have pissed on if he was on fire. Yeah it's a pain but I managed it and I'm a lazy, soft little shite! Also I refuse to believe that over the years, Ferguson has been every players best mate.

BillyShears said:
I think there's a fine line between a player, and, a group of players. I think if three or four of your best players, your hardest workers, feel the manager isn't getting the best out of them, then it's a major cause for concern and there can only ever be one winner. Not necessarily a bad thing either.

Not getting results is a cause for concern, players not liking the manager isn't as far as I'm concerned. And given the results we've got so far, if the players think the manager isn't getting the best out of them I'd suggest they're expecting too much too soon. And if they think the previous manager was getting more out of them as a collective I think it's best we just ignore their opinion.

robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
A question, which I'm sure you'll roundly ignore as it doesn't suit your preachy, holier than thou, attitude.
If your best players aren't in a position to tell you whether a manager is good or not, then who is?

And in answer to your question. Great players don't have to be great judges of managers.

That doesn't answer my question. If not the players, WHO????

C'mon genius, lets hear it...

Chris_McFC100 said:
Probly a load of bullshit.
Of course it is. Who in their right mind would pay him £90,000 a week.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 pm --<br /><br />
Chris_McFC100 said:
Probly a load of bullshit.
Of course it is. Who in their right mind would pay him £90,000 a week.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:

That doesn't answer my question. If not the players, WHO????

C'mon genius, lets hear it...

I suspect some players would be quite capable of evaluating a manager while others would not be.

I would of the current squad like to know what people like Kompany, Toure, Nedum, Zabaleta and de Jong think of Mancini.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
robbieh said:
If these guys can't respect a manager who as a player had more talent than any of them,
Two words. Alan Ball.

Good call. The difference is that apart from being a good player Mancini is a good manager. Ball wasn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.