Bellamy Injured

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Bad news when any Blue picks up an injury and lets hope its a short term one, however at least the missing list has reduced recently and the immenent return of Petrov, added to the availability of Studge and Boj and soon Benjani should mean that while maybe not selecting from first choice players we are certainly selecting from this seasons first team squad.

Boj isnt in uefa squad, sturridge needs someone alongside him and benjani isn't good enough.

Huge blow

johnmc said:
Bad news when any Blue picks up an injury and lets hope its a short term one, however at least the missing list has reduced recently and the immenent return of Petrov, added to the availability of Studge and Boj and soon Benjani should mean that while maybe not selecting from first choice players we are certainly selecting from this seasons first team squad.

Boj isnt in uefa squad, sturridge needs someone alongside him and benjani isn't good enough.

Huge blow

Spot on as usual John

johnmc said:

Huge blow

Unfortunate, Yes and he would of course have been a first choice but we are not a one man team. We will play defensively in Hamburg anyway with 3 defensive mid's and look to catch on the break with a lone man up front. Agreed this would have been (and still may be) Bellamy but we have Robbie, SWP, Superman and maybe even Petrov all of who could snatch a breakaway goal before we even consider who starts the lone striker role. I know its a blow but keep smiling blue we'll be Ok.
After Craigs outspoken interview at weekend Im not even sure if some of this may be smoke and mirrors, but thats one for the conspiracy theorists lol
;o)

Unfortunate, Yes and he would of course have been a first choice but we are not a one man team. We will play defensively in Hamburg anyway with 3 defensive mid's and look to catch on the break with a lone man up front. Agreed this would have been (and still may be) Bellamy but we have Robbie, SWP, Superman and maybe even Petrov all of who could snatch a breakaway goal before we even consider who starts the lone striker role. I know its a blow but keep smiling blue we'll be Ok.
After Craigs outspoken interview at weekend Im not even sure if some of this may be smoke and mirrors, but thats one for the conspiracy theorists lol
;o)

Ok maybe a bit pessimistic of me and a touch OTT. However the one position i think we are light of any true depth is probably the position we have most players for. Maybe Sturridge up front with real support from Rob Sweep and Ireland could be good enough. Benjani and Phil don't hold the ball up or win enough in the air given the size of them. Their work rate is actually quite good as well but Bellamy, for me works more intelligently whereas these two can just chase for chasing sake.

Dave - noted mate.

johnmc said:

Huge blow

;o)

Some good points there but I don't think we'll use Petrov this season, unless we drop Robbie.

Especially not with 3 holding midfielders - and don't forget we can't use De Jong as one of them.

If we were 3-0 down for the Hamburg home game he may put Robbie up front with Caciedo and Petrov left wing, I suppose, but then Ireland would have to be one of the two central midfielders, presumably alongside Kompany.

Step forward Danny Sturridge

If he's out for a good few weeks (big If) then sorry but Hughes and co have to take a chunk of the blame for this. Evryone knows bellamy's a crock but oh no the superbrains at MCFC decided he's worth a 4 and a half year contract on £100k a week hurrah!

As long as Boj is fit we'll be ok in the league. Bellamy's our biggest threat but can't hold the ball up at all so if we're playing one up front then it ain't the end of the world losing him

Could always stick Robinho upfront and play Petrov on the wing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.