BELLAMY OR ROBINHO

sweep said:
milnrowmeatandpotato said:
There is a difference between having a good game and putting a shift in. There have been games where, for all his sweating, Bellamy has been ineffective (you know passing, dribbling, scoring etc).

Exactly, he's had a few stinkers earlier this season where he's been almost completely ineffective.

bluem0ng said:
sweep said:
There is a difference between having a good game and putting a shift in. There have been games where, for all his sweating, Bellamy has been ineffective (you know passing, dribbling, scoring etc).

Exactly, he's had a few stinkers earlier this season where he's been almost completely ineffective.

Good god. Now our player of the season is getting stick! As i recall Bellamy has probably done more 'passing, dribbling and scoring' than any other City player this season. Or for that matter most other players in the league.
And as for 'passing, dribbling, scoring' i'll be happy when i see Rob do even a little of that

Matt.D said:
didactic said:
This whole question is stupid the answers some are giving are making my girl laugh (shes Brazilian)
she says "This is why England will NEVER win the world cup again!!!" I think I have to agree.

Several facts people are leaving out here are
Robinho was the best player in a shit team (before all the new players)
Bellamy has been decent in a good team (after all the new players) managed by his best mate.
Robinho has been playing out of position.
Robinho has been injured and if I am correct has played 3 times this season.

People are mentioning Messi who has Xavi, Iniesta to feed him balls, Toure and Keita to hold off defenders and Henry
and Ibra to hand him assists. You lot are kidding right? Even Bellamy would tell you Robinho is a better player.

There is no comparison, none, zero. One is a player who has been in "decent" form for a few games. The other
is a World class, world beater who destroyed an Argentina team led by Lionel Messi in the Copa America Final, played for Santos (Best Player) Madrid (Best Player before he left) and is now with us. The first name on The Brazil squad list.
HE HAS JUST BEEN MISMANAGED BY HUGHES. You cant tell me a Mercedes is a better car than a Ferrari just because one has a better driver?? Stop IT!!!!

Close this silly thread you believe the tabloids too much and if you actually thought you would realise they are out
to destabilise the team as they dont want a change in the top 4.

I say this with no shame and not only because I am with a Brazilian. Robinho is the best player in the premiership,
THE BEST.

Ill leave you with a gift.

Robinho. See you "fans" v Stoke.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feHtuDW4jhE[/youtube]

Bellamy has only been in decent form for a few games? he hasnt had a bad game since he signed for us.

Robinho is not the first name of the brazil team sheet, Kaka and Fabiano are far more effective for them, robbie is also inconsistent for Brazil, although not as inconsistent as he is for us. Inbetween january and now, he has had one good game for us, Everton away. Dont blame it all on the manager, Lampard and Drogba played under Avram Grant..

How has he been played out of position? clown. A couple of times this season he has played wide left in a 4 man midfield, but he hasnt done any tracking back at all so he can hardly claim to have been played as a 'left winger'. He has played on the left hand side since he joined us, which is where he plays for brazil, does he not?

Robinho is a better footballer than Bellamy, but he is not a better premier league footballer than Bellamy.

And as for Robbie being the best player in the premier league? im afraid that discredited your whole post, he is considerably below - Torres, Gerrard, Drogba, Shrek, Anelka, Lampard, Fabregas, Arshavin, Van Persie .. in terms of effect on premier league football matches.
Robbies stats last season speaks volumes

Matt.D said:
didactic said:
This whole question is stupid the answers some are giving are making my girl laugh (shes Brazilian)
she says "This is why England will NEVER win the world cup again!!!" I think I have to agree.

Several facts people are leaving out here are
Robinho was the best player in a shit team (before all the new players)
Bellamy has been decent in a good team (after all the new players) managed by his best mate.
Robinho has been playing out of position.
Robinho has been injured and if I am correct has played 3 times this season.

People are mentioning Messi who has Xavi, Iniesta to feed him balls, Toure and Keita to hold off defenders and Henry
and Ibra to hand him assists. You lot are kidding right? Even Bellamy would tell you Robinho is a better player.

There is no comparison, none, zero. One is a player who has been in "decent" form for a few games. The other
is a World class, world beater who destroyed an Argentina team led by Lionel Messi in the Copa America Final, played for Santos (Best Player) Madrid (Best Player before he left) and is now with us. The first name on The Brazil squad list.
HE HAS JUST BEEN MISMANAGED BY HUGHES. You cant tell me a Mercedes is a better car than a Ferrari just because one has a better driver?? Stop IT!!!!

Close this silly thread you believe the tabloids too much and if you actually thought you would realise they are out
to destabilise the team as they dont want a change in the top 4.

I say this with no shame and not only because I am with a Brazilian. Robinho is the best player in the premiership,
THE BEST.

Ill leave you with a gift.

Robinho. See you "fans" v Stoke.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feHtuDW4jhE[/youtube]

Bellamy has only been in decent form for a few games? he hasnt had a bad game since he signed for us.

Robinho is not the first name of the brazil team sheet, Kaka and Fabiano are far more effective for them, robbie is also inconsistent for Brazil, although not as inconsistent as he is for us. Inbetween january and now, he has had one good game for us, Everton away. Dont blame it all on the manager, Lampard and Drogba played under Avram Grant..

How has he been played out of position? clown. A couple of times this season he has played wide left in a 4 man midfield, but he hasnt done any tracking back at all so he can hardly claim to have been played as a 'left winger'. He has played on the left hand side since he joined us, which is where he plays for brazil, does he not?

Robinho is a better footballer than Bellamy, but he is not a better premier league footballer than Bellamy.

And as for Robbie being the best player in the premier league? im afraid that discredited your whole post, he is considerably below - Torres, Gerrard, Drogba, Shrek, Anelka, Lampard, Fabregas, Arshavin, Van Persie .. in terms of effect on premier league football matches.

Not having a bad game does not automatically mean he is a better player and yes they were just a few matches, Bellamy has not led City to any cup glory, to any titles has not won any finals for us. All things Robinho has done for other teams.

Ummm No, Robinho is the first name on the Brazil team sheet infact when they won the Copa America Kaka didnt play and Robinho was rightfully elected the man of the tournament ahead of Fabiano. When is he inconsistant for Brazil? Show me facts not tabloid trash do you mean when he does this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5I88_pbiGQ[/youtube]

Or Maybe this in a world cup qualifer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEc--0fpNk[/youtube]

How has he been played out of position? For Brazil Robinho is allowed to roam free and switch with Kaka and Fab he is not asked to track back and put in a shift as a defender. This type of football does not suit flair players. They are there to create chances and to trick defences and open up chances or score themselves. You also left out that "little" accusation that was hanging over Robbies head when his form dipped. And you talk like he started 20 games this season and has been poor he has played 3 games. It took Kaka 6 games to score at Madrid guess he is poor too.

You are comparing players who have played for years in the premiership to a player who has just recently arrived.
And of all the names you mentioned only Fab can compare but he is not a better footballer than Robinho. You seem to
base you judgement on goals, by that argument the Defoe is the best player in the premiership. This is real life not FIFA if a player is unhappy and is not getting along with his manager his form dips. Think Drogba with Grant. Forlan with Fergie, Shev with Jose doesnt mean they are bad players. HE HAS BEEN INJURED YOU MUPPET, stop jumping around claiming Bellamy is better just because he is playing well now. I dont see Barca, Juve, Chelsea, Both Milans asking about Bellamy.
I guess everyone but the anti-Robby british public are all idiots.

*shakes head*

didactic said:
Matt.D said:

Not having a bad game does not automatically mean he is a better player and yes they were just a few matches, Bellamy has not led City to any cup glory, to any titles has not won any finals for us. All things Robinho has done for other teams.

Ummm No, Robinho is the first name on the Brazil team sheet infact when they won the Copa America Kaka didnt play and Robinho was rightfully elected the man of the tournament ahead of Fabiano. When is he inconsistant for Brazil? Show me facts not tabloid trash do you mean when he does this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5I88_pbiGQ[/youtube]

Or Maybe this in a world cup qualifer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEc--0fpNk[/youtube]

How has he been played out of position? For Brazil Robinho is allowed to roam free and switch with Kaka and Fab he is not asked to track back and put in a shift as a defender. This type of football does not suit flair players. They are there to create chances and to trick defences and open up chances or score themselves. You also left out that "little" accusation that was hanging over Robbies head when his form dipped. And you talk like he started 20 games this season and has been poor he has played 3 games. It took Kaka 6 games to score at Madrid guess he is poor too.

You are comparing players who have played for years in the premiership to a player who has just recently arrived.
And of all the names you mentioned only Fab can compare but he is not a better footballer than Robinho. You seem to
base you judgement on goals, by that argument the Defoe is the best player in the premiership. This is real life not FIFA if a player is unhappy and is not getting along with his manager his form dips. Think Drogba with Grant. Forlan with Fergie, Shev with Jose doesnt mean they are bad players. HE HAS BEEN INJURED YOU MUPPET, stop jumping around claiming Bellamy is better just because he is playing well now. I dont see Barca, Juve, Chelsea, Both Milans asking about Bellamy.
I guess everyone but the anti-Robby british public are all idiots.

*shakes head*

Robbie plays wide left for Brazil, he does not swap with Kaka or Fabiano during the course of a game, who both play centrally, next?

If you believe what your writing then your dilluded. Accusation hanging over his head? my dayyyyys that is a ridiculous excuse. Craig Bellamy is more effective in a premier league football match than Robinho and it is as simple as that. Robbie in the first half of last season, turned it on against the likes of stoke, pompey etc. at home. He played well once away from home, and didnt have a good game vs the top 4, despite scoring a quality chip against arsenal and a deflection against chelsea.

And as for your defoe argument, Jermain Defoe is currently the best striker along with Drogba in the premier league. He is the top scorer in the league, what more do you want? Just because he isnt a 'superstar'.

Robinho spearheaded Madrid to title glory, now your making it sound like he was the main man. And dont harp on about little shitty tournaments like the confederations cup or copa america. Hes a quality player, but hes not one of the best in the world, the likes of Messi and Ronaldo turn it on 9/10 matches.

Clips from an exhibition match.

What next some training clips?

Everyone has scored an amazing goal sometime in their life.

alera said:
Its not a difficult decision - for anyone with half a brain. Robinho hasnt showed up for aover a year and obviously doesnt give a shit.

So he deserves the place of our best player just because he is robinho. Of course he does. Thankfully we have a manager to make these decisions. I dont expect to see Bellamy dropped for the stoke game put it that way.

THIS.

both are massive assets

Craigs got the speed and Robbie's got the skills...but as has been said, Bellamy can be relied upon to stick it to other teams whereas sometimes Robinho looks like he's on the beach in his head.

He'd need a massive improvement otherwise we should ship him out and get a true star in that this club deserves, someone who works as hard as Tevez but has the skills and pace too. Who can we go for? Surely Torres or Ribery must be worth a bid? Both must want to come to a club that's on the up? Maybe Ronaldo in a year or two when we've won the league a couple of times?

suckmydickov said:
both are massive assets

Craigs got the speed and Robbie's got the skills...but as has been said, Bellamy can be relied upon to stick it to other teams whereas sometimes Robinho looks like he's on the beach in his head.

He'd need a massive improvement otherwise we should ship him out and get a true star in that this club deserves, someone who works as hard as Tevez but has the skills and pace too. Who can we go for? Surely Torres or Ribery must be worth a bid? Both must want to come to a club that's on the up? Maybe Ronaldo in a year or two when we've won the league a couple of times?

Ive heard Ribery is a goner. Wont see him play football again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.