Belle Vue Dogs

Love greyhounds. Got a rescue ex racer. He’s now got a good home
Lovely gentle couch potato
Greyhounds all the way for us now

so you think a greyhound trainer is the same as a peado child abuser! ffs get a grip
I said people who abuse animals for profit. Such as owners who don’t want to know what happens to them afterwards, or who sell them on to be run to death or boiled alive in some tinpot country. Or simply people who mistreat animals because they can.

Those people are no better than paedos.

Last edited:
I said people who abuse animals for profit. Such as owners who don’t want to know what happens to them afterwards, or who sell them on to be run to death or boiled alive in some tinpot country. Or simply people who mistreat animals because they can.

Those people are no better than paedos.
They're not pets, they're racing dogs just like race horses or racing pigeons and a lot are re homed when they retire, they are lovely dogs to have as a pet when they've finished racing, get one

They're not pets, they're racing dogs just like race horses or racing pigeons and a lot are re homed when they retire, they are lovely dogs to have as a pet when they've finished racing, get one
I agree. My daughter’s had two and I’ve had two greyhound crosses. Unfortunately a lot don’t get re-homed, though, and suffer euthanasia or much worse.

I worked at an animals refuge in Carlisle and we were responsible for the local dog wardening. The amount of greyhounds that we would find wandering the streets was ridiculous, they’d just be turfed out to fend for themselves once they were of no use to the ‘not rights’ who owned them. Poor dogs never got re-homed and always ended up being put down.
I’ve had 3 greyhounds since those days and would never have anything else - they are fantastic dogs! So placid and easy to care for. They need very little exercise compared to other large dogs and are quite happy with a bed to sleep on and a bit of a fuss.

Grew up in Gorton and stayed the best part of 30 years but got to say the place has gone downhill !! My mum still lives near Sunnybrow park and it’s just a dump compared what it used to be like ! Closing down the market and building a whopping Tesco was always a terrible idea . As for the dogs it was always a good night out but even though it was on my doorstep I only went a handful of times .
Investment is needed in the area but a new housing estate isn’t one of them . Like a few others have said Hyde road is looking like a shanty town and probably would have been a better place to start , also need to open Gorton Tub back up .

I remember when Gorton Tub opened up as a kid. Exciting times.

The rash is just about clearing up 35 years later.

Sad. My Grandad was a top owner there in the 1950s and I enjoyed many a good night in the 90s without his luck.

Did many bike tests in the car-park. Only ever went to the dogs once. Remember 3 pissed up lads racing each other around the track in-between races. Belle vue as a whole was a great place.

I went 3/4 times to the dogs, found it generally scruffy, smelly & dirty including a freebie with pie/peas chucked in, literally after smoking was banned.

Also watched American Football there once Manchester Spartans I think. That was also shite the quality of the game from what I could see (neither side had anyone capable of kicking the extra point so kept trying and failing for a fake 2 points) but the biggest issue was like in the Pro game players stand on the touchline but there's no decent rake at the stadium so nobody could really see anything.

Sorry for the lost jobs etc but I'd never be going there again even Inna freebie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.