Belle Vue Dogs

This 160+ new house thing is the issue more than losing the dogs.

Hyde road, mountrd and Kirky lane cannot cope with the traffic on a normal day around belle vue and backs up at rush hr terribly.

Imangine another potential 300 cars added, without road and services (schools/doctors/bus services) thay are already stretched in the area.

Just building houses is short sighted thinking.

And they're not wrong. Spend a few minutes looking up "greyhounds after racing". It isn't very nice reading.
Yeah i know its not good. Probably the same with racehorses but more money to cover up what happens to them. Doesn't look like its going to last much longer, so plenty of unwanted dog's. Wouldn't have thought too many will get homes.

This 160+ new house thing is the issue more than losing the dogs.

Hyde road, mountrd and Kirky lane cannot cope with the traffic on a normal day around belle vue and backs up at rush hr terribly.

Imangine another potential 300 cars added, without road and services (schools/doctors/bus services) thay are already stretched in the area.

Just building houses is short sighted thinking.

I never understand this? Houses have to be built somewhere.

I never understand this? Houses have to be built somewhere.

I agree, but so does the infrastracture around them.

I live in gorton and the roads are not fit for the volume of cars now on the roads, most streets are still terrace and once cars are parked the street are essencially one lane.

The tram line that was promised years ago could have helped but as alway with tfgm the trafford centre/salfods quays area seems to need 3-4 lines instead.

Gorton medical centre is already a 3 week wait for an appointment.

Build houses by all means we are in a social housing crisis, but built facilites and make sure the links are fit for purpose first.

Last edited:
Yeah i know its not good. Probably the same with racehorses but more money to cover up what happens to them. Doesn't look like its going to last much longer, so plenty of unwanted dog's. Wouldn't have thought too many will get homes.

True. But while there will be a glut of unwanted dogs in the short run, fewer will be bred and discarded in the future. So a small glimmer of light.

People who abuse animals for profit are cnuts in the same league as paedos and child abusers.

It’s a by product of the industry that some greyhounds are put down at the end of their careers. It’s why I only ever owned one, he got badly injured and would never race again. Cost a fortune to keep him as a non racing dog in the kennels until a home was found for him. I’m not even that much of an animal person but I just couldn’t have him destroyed, he was a lovely dog, made a great pet for the young girl who eventually adopted him.

They really are fantastic dogs and incredibly placid (whippets, lurchers and greyhounds). I wouldn’t have any other kind of dog and after seeing so many ex racers discarded cruelly by owners when I worked at an animal refuge I can only see the closure of a dog track as a good thing. (Not a dig at you by the way).

Sad time for those who attend the dogs and stockcar racing. Manchester has lost the last part of it's famous Belle Vue site. Soon to be replaced by faceless rabbit hut like houses.

Alas.

At least with all those rabbit hutches, there will be something for greyhounds on benefits to chase. Regeneration in the round...

Covid has finally seen it off as it has now been officially closed for good. Only went a few times but passed it daily going to Central Grammar / High for five years. It's interesting to read that animal rights groups claim to have forced its closure but that is clearly bollocks.

True. But while there will be a glut of unwanted dogs in the short run, fewer will be bred and discarded in the future. So a small glimmer of light.

People who abuse animals for profit are cnuts in the same league as paedos and child abusers.
so you think a greyhound trainer is the same as a peado child abuser! ffs get a grip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.