Ben Foster

it seems we want to free up a foreign spot if we go ahead with this deal? lose bravo and sign foster? if thats the case just bring joe back?
We don't free up a foreign spot though, unless we sell one of Sterling, Delph, Stones or Walker.

Hart would be better, if he's able to accept being back up. I doubt that though.
Gunn would be ok but again he's probably ready to be first choice somewhere now.
Foster would be decent back up if Hart wants to leave, all three are better than Bravo in my opinion.

We could really do with offloading Bravo, big wages, hardly plays, takes up a foreign spot, not really worked out for him here. Unfortunately I think Pep will be loyal to him and accept him as continuing back up, focussing on strengthening other areas of the team instead. Just hope Eddie never gets injured!

Hart would be better, if he's able to accept being back up. I doubt that though.
Gunn would be ok but again he's probably ready to be first choice somewhere now.
Foster would be decent back up if Hart wants to leave, all three are better than Bravo in my opinion.

We could really do with offloading Bravo, big wages, hardly plays, takes up a foreign spot, not really worked out for him here. Unfortunately I think Pep will be loyal to him and accept him as continuing back up, focussing on strengthening other areas of the team instead. Just hope Eddie never gets injured!

For one second, just think about training every day. 11 vs 11. Working on tactics, defensive shape. One 11 is training with Ederson, perfectly doing what Pep wants. The other 11 has Foster humping it long.
Bravo is as good a back up keeper as we could get. Ederson is much better, but if Bravo plays, we play the same. Swap Bravo for Foster and we're back to giving the ball away 60-70% of the time the keeper has it.
It would totally disrupt us.

Would make sense to free up a "free" spot but it would only do that if one of the English lads left which is highly unlikely and therefore pointless.

For one second, just think about training every day. 11 vs 11. Working on tactics, defensive shape. One 11 is training with Ederson, perfectly doing what Pep wants. The other 11 has Foster humping it long.
Bravo is as good a back up keeper as we could get. Ederson is much better, but if Bravo plays, we play the same. Swap Bravo for Foster and we're back to giving the ball away 60-70% of the time the keeper has it.
It would totally disrupt us.
Correctamundo

Is there concrete evidence that Foster is utterly crap with the ball at his feet or is it based solely on the fact that he's played for years at a team that prefers the keeper to hoof it? I can't say I've taken that much notice of his first touch or passing ability up to now.

Is there concrete evidence that Foster is utterly crap with the ball at his feet or is it based solely on the fact that he's played for years at a team that prefers the keeper to hoof it? I can't say I've taken that much notice of his first touch or passing ability up to now.
If Eddy spent years and years training and playing the way Foster has then he would lose the skills he's got, you can't just turn it on and off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.